Jason Scott Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Scott Lee

So that's what he's been up to! Jason Scott Lee has been living the simple life up in Volcano.

Re: Jason Scott Lee

great story. terrific attitude. more power to him!

(craig, you should drop by and talk story with him!)
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

that's cool.
      hope some read this and realise there are many paths toward fulfillment rather than the one modern consumeristic society teaches the masses...

Jason was very good in "Rapa Nui"

Comment

nice story...

but no moa pc cannot surf da net! dang! lol

dang hermit life... i wonda da menehunes no go visit him or da spooky stuff on da Big Isle..
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

thanks for the article!
          There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            So that's what he's been up to! Jason Scott Lee has been living the simple life up in Volcano.

Mahalo for the link. One thing about that article that needs correcting: JSL is *no way* 5'10" tall. I am 5'9", my sister is two inches taller, and we ran into him at Charlie's B&G in Kea'au. My sister pointed him out as we were walking to our table.

He is a short little buggah!

pax

Comment

Was he sitting down? The story says "about" 5'10", so he could easily be 5'7" or 5'8" and telling folks he's taller. I know a couple of people who are 4'10" or 4'11" but tell everyone they're five feet tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                Was he sitting down? The story says "about" 5'10", so he could easily be 5'7" or 5'8" and telling folks he's taller. I know a couple of people who are 4'10" or 4'11" but tell everyone they're five feet tall.
                no, he was leaving as we were going in. I just remember being surprised at how tiny he was. But he seemed very humble and low-key, and had big smiles on his face when he left.

pax

Comment

The Advertiser also had an article about JSL.

He tells them about catching the bus from Pearl City to the North Shore and stealing McDonald's trays to use as bodyboards as a youth. And then, suddenly, he has segued to the deforestation of the 'Ewa Plains and the imposition of Western capitalist values on the Hawaiian culture. It's a subtle and disarming performance.

Lingering in the room, Lee takes a second to reconsider a pair of questions misplaced earlier in the day: Where do you want to go from here? What do you dream of doing?

"I don't have artistic dreams," he says. "My dreams now are much more practical. I'd love to see the 'Ewa Plains reforested. I'd love to see Maui's forests restored. I'd love to see people living cohesively, being themselves and exploring their artistic abilities.

"It's all about evolution."

Comment

Maybe JSL can parlay his fame and his feelings about the 'Ewa Plains and the Maui rainforests into more awareness about the fragile ecology of the 'aina. The more people in Hawai'i and elsewhere understand how respecting the land will help preserve it, the better off Hawai'i and its citizens will be. I'm glad he's more than a short, handsome face.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

He's gonna be our next Bono.

</prophesy>

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        The Advertiser also had an article about JSL.
                        Only three weeks after the Star-Bulletin's piece, which IMHO was a lot more accessible (who the hell throws a reference to "Maslow's hierarchy of human needs" in a nut graf?). Still, I appreciated the additional context Tsai's piece added by reporting on Lee's statements at the "Lilo & Stitch 2" press junket at the Turtle Bay. I can just see the Mainland reporters itching to just file some mushy pap and hit the beach, and Lee snapping them out of it by actually talking about real issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X