Place to eat w/ a debit/credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to eat w/ a debit/credit card

Is there a place in the Ala Moana area (where Wal Mart, KGMB, Ala Moana Center, etc stay) where someone can go to and purchase lunch w/ a debit card?

So far, I know that McDonalds does that, and if I feel like shopping, then I can grab something from Long's.

Where else?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Place to eat w/ a debit/credit card

Originally posted by doc1456
    Is there a place in the Ala Moana area (where Wal Mart, KGMB, Ala Moana Center, etc stay) where someone can go to and purchase lunch w/ a debit card?

So far, I know that McDonalds does that, and if I feel like shopping, then I can grab something from Long's.

Where else?
    Try KFC next to Tower Records. I remember using my debit card to buy food there! I dunno about the ramen/pho shops in the area tho. they might if u lucky.

i cannot tink of any place else nearby... Unless u like go walk far to Daiei side.... hmmmmm
    Reggie aka pinakboy
    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
    Recipe Tube TV!
    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

It's a good question. Most of the places at Ala Moana don't take plastic. I think the last time I checked, only one place in the food court did, and I don't remember which it was. Arby's does, as do all the restaurants on the top level (CPK, Bubba Gump, Jackie's Kitchen) and Assaggio's. You can get some good grinds at Foodland, too.

Outside the shopping center, you can flash your plastic at KFC, at Subway (up Keeaumoku St.--the last time I checked, the one in the food court didn't take it), Taco Bell (up Keeaumoku and around the corner on King), Cold Stone, Starbucks, and Jamba Juice, all right there on Keeaumoku. If you're feeling a little spendy (and want some free wi-fi), you can walk through the parking lot to Piikoi (where the Blockbuster is) and use your card at the Abbe Brewster Cafe. The food's great, but you're going to spend ten bucks or more. It's only a ten-minute walk to Ward Warehouse and Ward Center, where you can use your card at Kakaako Kitchen, Brew Moon, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Old Spag Fac, Cold Stone, and Mocha Java.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Just to clarify, are you looking for places that accept simply plastic (credit cards), or debit cards specifically? My guess is the latter, right?

I can think of a lot of places that'll do the Visa/MasterCard dance, but if you want to do the whole punch-a-pin, straight-from-checking thing, the options are more limited.

My vote would be for Foodland. Healthier, varied, and you can always get cash back! Heck, use your debit card to buy a Coke, ask for $20 back, then go buy whatever you want to eat somewhere else!

Comment

And Ala Moana is not lacking from ATMs in the area.

Comment

But I'm sure Adrian is asking about debit cards because he doesn't want to take the time to search for an ATM, or go into a store and buy a soda to get cash back, when he could just go to a restaurant and use the debit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              But I'm sure Adrian is asking about debit cards because he doesn't want to take the time to search for an ATM, or go into a store and buy a soda to get cash back, when he could just go to a restaurant and use the debit card.
              Yes he is.

And I'll just waste $20 when I'll just spend about $7 for lunch.
              (sure, I can just save it for the next day's lunch, but the hour bus ride makes me hungry)

Comment

I just remembered that Zippy's accepts credit cards, so I guess I'll be eating there for a while (and since its a long walk, I can get exercise also!)

Comment

A lot of eating places are taking debit cards = More Business
                  Just look for the logo on the doors or at the registers
                  But be aware that they may have a OVER $10 limit.
                  Its the fee that resturaunt establishments has to pay to whatever banks customers patrons use when swiping.
                  I like the convience cause usually I have zero to very few dollars off hand and hate hunting down my nearest bank or finding the next store to buy gum to get cash back.

Comment

Well, since we are talking about Ala Moana Shopping Center.....there are a number of ATM 'banks' so he should be able to find one for the bank that his debit card is drawn on.

Comment

Working...
                    X