X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand Thread

So what do you think of it?

Re: Thailand Thread

It's not as this thick or resilient to stains as other thread. But it will do.

Comment

Hot and steamy.

Comment

azzrite al.
        errytime a buddy o mine comes back he got nuttin but da kine stories to tell.
        ho... and bruddah shows me peechas;
        "dis my wahine one.
        dis my wahne numbah two.
        dis one o my hales.
        dis one o da bars I hang at."
        and all sooo rainforest look. The real beachcomber life.
        Lotta stories from alotta these "air america" kinda guys who go over there and live da life o Riley; open up a tropical bar and coast comfortably for years...
        there's a movie in there somewhere.

Comment

Phuket! (and Chiang Mai too, of course)

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Funny you mention it, I'm actually considering teaching English there next year. For a view of the Thailand TEFL scene: www.ajarn.com

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              azzrite al.
              "dis my wahine one.
              dis my wahne numbah two.
              dis one o my hales.
              dis one o da bars I hang at."
              and all sooo rainforest look. The real beachcomber life.
              Lotta stories from alotta these "air america" kinda guys who go over there and live da life o Riley; open up a tropical bar and coast comfortably for years...
              there's a movie in there somewhere.
              I was just watching on the National Geographic Channel's TABOO...It said Thailand has the biggest number of sex-changed transsexuals per-capita . It gave a number of 20-30% of the females there used to be male.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

dhUUOOOOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
                  So what do you think of it?
                  DA FOOD!!!!! i married so i can't say anything about da women... safer dat way!
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                    I was just watching on the National Geographic Channel's TABOO...It said Thailand has the biggest number of sex-changed transsexuals per-capita . It gave a number of 20-30% of the females there used to be male.
                    Oh come on, that can't be true. 20-30 percent??

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear

Originally posted by kimo55

"dis my wahine one.
                      dis my wahne numbah two.
                      Hmmmm. Your buddy sure dem's wahines?

Comment

Closest thing to paradise on Earth and that costs much less than all the other paradises.Bangkok's Peninsula and Oriental hotels are always ranked as the best hotels in the world and at less than $200 a night in either,one is truly getting a good deal.Either hotel in NYC,Paris,Tokyo,etc.,would cost 3-5 times more per night.And it is hedonism paradise with the tropical beaches,
                        gorgeous real women (TS's are known as katoey boys),full-body soap or oil massages for a few dollars,and Thai green curry chicken with sticky rice at any of the numerous stands for a few cents.

Comment

Originally posted by ahola
                          Thai green curry chicken with sticky rice at any of the numerous stands for a few cents.

thanks i needed dat!!
                          Reggie aka pinakboy
                          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                          Recipe Tube TV!
                          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

pinkaboy, you married too? so what do i have to say? i think the food's good, too!

i was lucky that i travelled there many, many times before it was "discovered". places like phuket and samui and phi phi were very deserted. not any more. it looks very much like waikiki now. even back then, though, the beaches were just okay/pretty good. hawaii's beaches are way nicer. but no other place could match the slow paced, safe, easy going lifestyle. a few bucks for a bungalow, pennies for fresh fish, cold beer under a shade, electric generator cuts off at 9ish, a million stars at night.

one thing you can do now which is still very cool is hook up this expat (dave) at http://paddleasia.com/ his philosophy about paddling is the same as mine: the further away the better. you can choose from several options, of course, but i'd choose one that takes you really far south (not far from the thai/malay border). you won't see any tourists there. just paddle all day long, from island to island.

AuntieNellieKulolo, i'm a little surprised to hear you say that you're thinking of teaching esl in thailand; not that it's bad but i thought you had that career thing in ny? maybe i'm mixing you up with someone else. got my first master's in esl but never taught there (japan for 10 years). i think you'd love it. of course, like anywhere else, your experience will vary depending on how far from the city you live/teach. for my money, nothing beats the countryside....
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              Oh come on, that can't be true. 20-30 percent??
                              Taboo said because Thailand has less strict rules reguarding the operation.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X