The next books to film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next books to film

With "The Lord of the Rings", "Narnia"and "the Harry Potter" books all on the big screen ...what books would you like to see hit the Big Screen?

I would like to see Terry Brooks' "Shannara" or "Landover" novels be made into movies....comicbooks are not the only movie source.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: The next books to film

Would like to see Harry Turtledove's WorldWar series but that might entail either cutting out a lot of the characters or making this a TV series.

Comment

Maybe Sabriel by Garth Nix and the rest of the Old Kingdom Trilogy...but I know I would piss and moan over any actress they chose for Sabriel, especially any popular/well-known actresses chosen just because they're popular/well-known. Even though I do kind of want it to happen, I'd be way touchy over it...
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I would like to see Hillary Clinton's book made into a movie.

Comment

Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time". Would be expensive, but.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
            I would like to see Hillary Clinton's book made into a movie.
            It already was....Mommy Dearest

Flickr

Comment

I guess I don't understand what you mean. Did Hillary adopt Chelsea? Was Hillary abusive toward Chelsea? Is Hillary a drunk? Were wire hangers involved?

Comment

I guess I don't understand what you mean. Did Hillary adopt Chelsea? Was Hillary abusive toward Chelsea? Is Hillary a drunk? Were wire hangers involved?

Don't be coy Lalalinder girlie! It's that huge smear of lipstick, the pants, the, Oh I don't know, I don't get it either. My mom still signs her letters Mommy Dearest! She once threw a bunch of shoes at me while I was sleeping, one time she dragged me out of bed to empty the dishwasher at 2 in the morning. But she definitely knew she was Mommy Dearest. sigh. Why am I doing this to myself?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I'd like to see a Stephanie Plum movie. Jersey Girl Bail Bond Agent Extraordinaire. FUHGEDABOUDID!!!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

It's just Hillary reminds me of Joan...Scary . I think Annette Benning(sp) would play a good Hillary.

Flickr

Comment

Hasn't Annette Bening already played a President's wife? Two roles like that would be a bit tiring, I think, especially for an actress as interesting as Bening. I think Julia Stiles would make a better Hillary Rodham-Clinton, though she's a bit young to pull off current-day Mrs. Clinton.

The Robert Jordan books would make interesting movies, but what if they were a television series instead?

There's a great Louis L'Amour novel called Brionne that I think would make an excellent Western with someone like Hugh Jackman in the lead.

I really don't understand why nobody's attempted the Sue Grafton "Alphabet Mysteries" for a film series. It would be perfect.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                        It's just Hillary reminds me of Joan...Scary.
                        You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but Joan Crawford was an abusive mother, as Lalalinder pointed out. Mrs. Clinton is a smart, educated lawyer and Congresswoman. I can understand that you might not agree with her politics, but what do you find scary about her?
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                          I really don't understand why nobody's attempted the Sue Grafton "Alphabet Mysteries" for a film series. It would be perfect.
                          Too many sequels? I always wondered if, sometimes, an excessive number of books in a series is a disincentive to read them, if you haven't been following from the beginning.

Now that another mediocre attempt to put Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide" on film has come and gone, I hope someone takes a good look at his two "Dirk Gently" detective books. They might be too absurd to depict, but in the right hands, I thought they would be great stories to interpret on film.

Comment

[QUOTE=pzarquon]Too many sequels? I always wondered if, sometimes, an excessive number of books in a series is a disincentive to read them, if you haven't been following from the beginning.

How many sequels has the Bond movies had? I guess you're right ,even Bond got boring when Ian Flemming's material was used up.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Too many sequels? I always wondered if, sometimes, an excessive number of books in a series is a disincentive to read them, if you haven't been following from the beginning.
                              Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series being a good case in point.

Comment

Working...
                              X