Stories of good Haoles of HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories of good Haoles of HI

Ok I was born white and am planning to move to Puna,I like this forum because it is both smart and real but I'm starting to get a complex here!Anyone have any memerable stories of haoles who have helped the community or added joy to anyones life or atleast didn't seem eeeeevil!
    I understand whites are much of the problem so I hold no ill will and am personaly dismayed at our governments actions on many fronts but I'm just asking for a little boost here please

Re: Stories of good Haoles of HI

I had a haole girlfriend in high school. She added plenty of joy to my life.

Comment

hey thats great I'm bringing my daughter and she is welcome to find herself a nice Hawaiin boy when shes old enough to date (Age 35 or so) he he

Comment

I married a haole girl. Plenty of joy here! And three impossibly cute hapa kids.

Comment

thx pzarquon,Nice nick by the way I read Douglas Adams series atleast 10 times over the years good good stuff

Comment

I'm married to a good haole girl from Cocoa Beach FL. She's a joy not only to me but to my friends and family.

Comment

ok I'm seeing a pattern here and since a sex change is really not an option for me I'm still holding out for a li'll comfort lol
              Glad to hear you found a good lady you two
              Last edited by Fondoo2; August 13, 2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Nah, there are good haole men too. They're just not as fun to talk about.

Comment

Something about this thread seems wrong. If it had asked of "stories of good Africans in Hawaii," or "someone tell me something good about gays in Hawaii," I think you'd have been run out of town. However, I understand its intent. It just makes me a little squirmy.

I'm haole, and I think I'm doing some good. So I nominate myself.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

See? There's one right there.

Comment

Ho wow. Can I be haole too? I like nominate myself, too.

Comment

Aw, Scrivener, you're not much of a haole. Um, not that there's anything wrong with that...

All right, fine. How about Father Damien? I think natives and newcomers alike have good reason for admiring the man and his work.

Comment

Hey now. Half haole is haole. I'm more haole than most Hawaiians are Hawaiian.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                            I'm haole, and I think I'm doing some good. So I nominate myself.
                            I'll second that nomination.
                            Or, I'll nominate you, and you nominate me.

And Panther is a good haole, and Mahlon Moore is a good haole, and the list goes on and on.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                              Hey now. Half haole is haole. I'm more haole than most Hawaiians are Hawaiian.
                              Can we use the "one-drop" rule for saying whether someone's haole?

Comment

Working...
                              X