Wine Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Refrigerator

Does anyone know where I can find a 16-20 bottle wine refrigerator on Oahu???

Mahalo!

Re: Wine Refrigerator

Here's one.

Comment

are these specialty appliances really that popular?

pax

Comment

I'm not much for wine -- beer and whiskey are more my taste -- but a while ago I had a revelation about wine drinking. I would read recommendations on how to serve wine, and they'd say that reds were good at room temp but whites were better chilled. Huh? I couldn't understand it. I always chill all of my wines. Room temperature reds are awful!

But then it occurred to me: they meant room temperature in France.

Comment

Originally posted by amagab
          Does anyone know where I can find a 16-20 bottle wine refrigerator on Oahu???
          I got mine at Sears.

Comment

I know that Costco, Sams Club, Lowe's, and Home Depot all carry wine fridges too, but I'm not sure as to size.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
              I know that Costco, Sams Club, Lowe's, and Home Depot all carry wine fridges too, but I'm not sure as to size.

OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but why not get a regular mini fridge and set it at a temp you like and make that a wine fridge? Or do you have to have the clear glass and the rack? Wouldn't that save lots of money?
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but why not get a regular mini fridge and set it at a temp you like and make that a wine fridge? Or do you have to have the clear glass and the rack? Wouldn't that save lots of money?
                Part of the wine prestige is displaying your bottles so people can see how many/what kind you have, I suppose...a lot of these wine fridges have two separate temp controls you can set also, one for the reds and another for whites.

Old wine, because of the corks, also needs to be stored on its side, which a mini-fridge makes difficult.

Comment

Working...
                X