Survivor 11: Guatemala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor 11: Guatemala

Well he we go again... CBS has announced thier new SURVIVORS for season 11 of the popular reality show. If you notice... this is the first ALL white Survivor ! I wonder if this was on purpose or what? I guess they want people with no clue how to survive ...that's why we may never see a person for Hawaii on that show.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Survivor 11 :Guatemala

I always thought a filipino would rule the eating challenges. (please no flames, I'm 100% dat kine k). It's stuff that people native to the area eat so it can't be deadly... so dive in!

It's the stuff they eat on Fear Factor that gets me... blended maggot with goat bile shakes?! Stupidity Factor is what that show should be called.

Comment

I LOVE Survivor. I'd be on it if my family could spare me. But by now, I'd be the old lady they'd boot off. Nah, nah, nah! Thursdays I'm home. I don't answer the phone or email. Everything is done ahead of time- laundry, dishes, kids' baths, all-around-the-house pickup!
      I don't even watch Fear Factor, it certainly should be called How Poorly Can We Treat You?
      Those dating bachelor shows really annoy me, too. I don't watch American Idol, either, it's kinda painful.

It IS INTERESTING that the cast is all haole. It's actually quite weird. Not exactly a cross section of the nation, but maybe it's a reflection of the show's audience? The ex NFL quarterback, the ex Jarine from Colorado will surface as the old-guy leaders, I expect Lydia to get dumped early. Everyone is so beautiful, even farm boy.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
        Well he we go again... CBS has announced thier new SURVIVORS for season 11 of the popular reality show. If you notice... this is the first ALL white Survivor ! I wonder if this was on purpose or what? I guess they want people with no clue how to survive ...that's why we may never see a person for Hawaii on that show.
        This would be the most offensive post I've seen here. People not knowing survival skills because they're white? You don't get out much I guess. Drop the average Honolulu Hawaiian in the Sierras and see how he/she does.

Maybe they're all white because the show's insurance carriers got tired of seeing the blacks almost drown every time the challenge involved swimming. What's up with that?
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          It IS INTERESTING that the cast is all haole. It's actually quite weird. Not exactly a cross section of the nation, but maybe it's a reflection of the show's audience? The ex NFL quarterback, the ex Jarine from Colorado will surface as the old-guy leaders, I expect Lydia to get dumped early. Everyone is so beautiful, even farm boy.

I have yet to watch a single episode of Survivor, but I am aware of what the show is about. Richard Hatch, the winner of Survivor #1, has a home not far (less than 2 miles) from some of the potato fields I'm cropping out this year...I've never actually seen him though. (I believe he spends more time in LA now, rather than his native RI).

Seeing that there is a farm boy in this upcoming edition, I just might have to check it out! Gotta cheer this granger on!

Anyway..even though I'm not a viewer of Survivor, I think I know enough about it, through what I've heard about it, to offer up this opinion: Why doesn't CBS give in and produce a Survivor edition with nothing but beautiful female models, similar to Fear Factor model editions?

Men in these "reality" shows, as far as I can tell, are mere dead weight...people who have the capability of winning a given competition, (and often do), but in reality, are irrelevent to the overall purpose of the show, which is to show the female competitors in as little clothing as possible. Don't be fooled that this is a competition of any kind!

You know, CBS isn't doing "Survivor: North Slope Alaska" or "Survivor: Yukon Territory" editions. Couldn't show the ladies in bikinis in those editions, unless of course, it's the one week in summer it might be in the 60s above the Arctic Circle. CBS need to stop the gameplaying. Just give the viewers what they really want you see (and many men viewers) and drop all male competitiors.
          Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; August 17, 2005, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
            I have yet to watch a single episode of Survivor, but I am aware of what the show is about. Richard Hatch, the winner of Survivor #1, has a home not far (less than 2 miles) from some of the potato fields I'm cropping out this year...I've never actually seen him though. (I believe he spends more time in LA now, rather than his native RI).

Seeing that there is a farm boy in this upcoming edition, I just might have to check it out!

Anyway..even though I'm not a viewer of Survivor, I think I know enough about it, through what I've heard about it, to offer up this opinion: Why doesn't CBS give in and produce a Survivor edition with nothing but beautiful female models, similar to Fear Factor model editions?

Men in these "reality" shows, as far as I can tell, are mere dead weight...people who have the capability of winning a given competition, (and often do), but in reality, are irrelevent to the overall purpose of the show, which is to show the female competitors in as little clothing as possible. Don't be fooled that this is a competition of any kind!

You know, CBS isn't doing "Survivor: North Slope Alaska" or "Survivor: Yukon Territory" editions. Couldn't show the ladies in bikinis in those editions, unless of course, it's the one week in summer it might be in the 60s above the Arctic Circle. CBS need to stop the gameplaying. Just give the viewers what they really want you see (and many men viewers) and drop all male competitiors.
            Had it occurred to you that many of the viewers are women who like to see half-naked men? The probable reason why they don't do polar Survivor is that they decided early on not to have death be part of the "reality" in their reality show.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
              Had it occurred to you that many of the viewers are women who like to see half-naked men? The probable reason why they don't do polar Survivor is that they decided early on not to have death be part of the "reality" in their reality show.
              I've yet to hear about an all male "Fear Factor"..but boy...I have heard about the all female, all model "Fear Factors"..NBC incessantly promotes those episodes. Why doesn't CBS simply follow the trend? I've garnered some evidence that "Survivor" could exist without the men, but I'm not sure it would without the women, based on what I see NBC doing with "Fear Factor".
              I mean, where are all the male Chippandale model only "Fear Factors"?? Surely there must be a audience for such a show, based on what your saying. Yet I don't see them.

As for CBS' avoidance of doing a cold-weather "Survivor"...that just demonstrates what a farce these shows really are..like anyone would be allowed to die, with a film-crew on-site and cameras rolling.

Comment

I've yet to hear about an all male "Fear Factor"..but boy...I have heard about the all female, all model "Fear Factors"..NBC incessantly promotes those episodes. Why doesn't CBS simply follow the trend? I've garnered some evidence that "Survivor" could exist without the men, but I'm not sure it would without the women, based on what I see NBC doing with "Fear Factor".
                I mean, where are all the male Chippandale model only "Fear Factors"?? Surely there must be a audience for such a show, based on what your saying. Yet I don't see them.

As for CBS' avoidance of doing a cold-weather "Survivor"...that just demonstrates what a farce these shows really are..like anyone would be allowed to die, with a film-crew on-site and cameras rolling.
                Having not seen Survivor you missed the Aussie one where the contestant passed out and fell face first into the campfire. He had to be evacuated by helicopter.

I don't think it can be assumed that the target audience for "Survivor" is the same as that for "Fear Factor".

Comment

Having not seen Survivor you missed the Aussie one where the contestant passed out and fell face first into the campfire. He had to be evacuated by helicopter.
                  You just made my point...he wasn't allowed to die! He lived to see another day. Just like the future contestants on "Survivor: North Slope Alaska" will, in spite of the cold and harsh conditions that must be endured. Oops...I forgot..that will never happen...CBS can't do cleavage shots up in Prudhoe Bay.

Comment

...Just like the future contestants on "Survivor: North Slope Alaska" will, in spite of the cold and harsh conditions that must be endured. Oops...I forgot..that will never happen...CBS can't do cleavage shots up in Prudhoe Bay.
                    I've often thought the same thing. Watching people wrapped up in Patagonia or North Face garb just wouldn't cut it. And what would they do about those stretchy tube-top-headband-tourniquet thingies? LOL!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You just made my point...he wasn't allowed to die! He lived to see another day. Just like the future contestants on "Survivor: North Slope Alaska" will, in spite of the cold and harsh conditions that must be endured. Oops...I forgot..that will never happen...CBS can't do cleavage shots up in Prudhoe Bay.
                      Which point? You said it's all about T&A so who needs men. Is it your point now that it's not "reality" unless somebody dies. You're a funny guy.

Comment

This would be the most offensive post I've seen here. People not knowing survival skills because they're white? You don't get out much I guess. Drop the average Honolulu Hawaiian in the Sierras and see how he/she does.

Maybe they're all white because the show's insurance carriers got tired of seeing the blacks almost drown every time the challenge involved swimming. What's up with that?
                        It wasn't meant to offend. I was just pointing out that so many people from Hawaii try out and a local person would make a perfect survivor.

Flickr

Comment

Which point? You said it's all about T&A so who needs men. Is it your point now that it's not "reality" unless somebody dies. You're a funny guy.
                          Exactly. The show is about T&A. Men are irrelevant in the overall grand scheme of the show. It is not by any means a true survival saga, and if you believe it is, I have some $3 bills I'd like to trade for your ones. To think that somebody is actually going to die on "Survivor" is absurd.

If "Survivor" truly is a show in which contestants must prove their survival skills, then do away any possible evacuations of the injured, as in the case of contestant who passed out in the Australia Survivor episode you made reference to. Let them fend for themselves in the wilds of Palau or the Outback. See if they really can survive. You darned well know that this is not going to happen. At the first sign of any major injury, or illness, CBS is going to have a contestant air evacuated pretty darned quick, if not for the sake of the contestant, but for the sake of protecting CBS from a lawsuit. Yeah, I'm sure contestants sign releases, but CBS will cover all its bases.

And therein lies what a farce this show is. It is not a survival show by any stretch of the imagination. It is merely a convienent vehicle in which CBS can broadcast T&A under the disguise of "survival competition". I really don't care if CBS broadcasts T&A on "Survivor" or not. I just wish they would stop advertising it as if it was a true survival skills competition. To me, this would be like Hustler magazine billing itself as a literary publication.

Glad you find me to be a "funny guy".
                          Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; August 17, 2005, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Exactly. The show is about T&A. Men are irrelevant in the overall grand scheme of the show. It is not by any means a true survival saga, and if you believe it is, I have some $3 bills I'd like to trade for your ones. To think that somebody is actually going to die on "Survivor" is absurd.

If "Survivor" truly is a show in which contestants must prove their survival skills, then do away any possible evacuations of the injured, as in the case of contestant who passed out in the Australia Survivor episode you made reference to. Let them fend for themselves in the wilds of Palau or the Outback. See if they really can survive. You darned well know that this is not going to happen. At the first sign of any major injury, or illness, CBS is going to have a contestant air evacuated pretty darned quick, if not for the sake of the contestant, but for the sake of protecting CBS from a lawsuit. Yeah, I'm sure contestants sign releases, but CBS will cover all its bases.

And therein lies what a farce this show is. It is not a survival show by any stretch of the imagination. It is merely a convienent vehicle in which CBS can broadcast T&A under the disguise of "survival competition". I really don't care if CBS broadcasts T&A on "Survivor" or not. I just wish they would stop advertising it as if it was a true survival skills competition. To me, this would be like Hustler magazine billing itself as a literary publication.

Glad you find me to be a "funny guy".
                            The "Survivor" part comes from surviving being voted off by the other members of the tribe, not surviving the locality. You'd know that if you'd seen it. Apparently when you're booted from the "Big Brother" house you in reality don't become homeless. What deception. Furthermore I'm told the winner of the "Who wants to be a Hilton" show doesn't actually get adopted. Incredible, isn't it?

No network needs a disguise for broadcasting T&A. Do you own a TV?

Comment

The "Survivor" part comes from surviving being voted off by the other members of the tribe, not surviving the locality. You'd know that if you'd seen it. Apparently when you're booted from the "Big Brother" house you in reality don't become homeless. What deception. Furthermore I'm told the winner of the "Who wants to be a Hilton" show doesn't actually get adopted. Incredible, isn't it?

No network needs a disguise for broadcasting T&A. Do you own a TV?
                              At least it's not as dumb as Tommy Lee goes to college.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X