Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me raise funds for leukemia research!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me raise funds for leukemia research!

Dear Fellow HawaiiThreaders,

Each year around this time, my legs start twitching. Then I know it's starting. I've come down with another case of Marathon Fever. For most people, running a marathon once is enough. I've done it six times since 1999. There's no cure for a chronic case like mine.

Leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma don't have cures either, but each day people with blood-related cancers face daily life-and-death struggles that make a marathon seem like a walk in the park.

That's why I decided to dedicate my upcoming 2005 Honolulu Marathon to raising funds for research into the causes, and ultimately the cures, for these cancers. Specifically, I'll be running this marathon for the Hawaii chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its Team in Training program.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to research into leukemia and other related cancers. Since 1988, Team in Training has raised over $595 million dollars for research while training over 250,000 volunteers to do marathons, triathlons, and century rides.

As part of the Hawaii chapter's team, I'll be receiving coaching, training and nutrition advice, and group support from the chapter's staff and from mentors who have also gone through the program. In return, participants agree to raise money for the Society.

I've set a goal to raise $2,620 (that's $100 per mile) for LLS. Will you join me in helping to find cures for blood cancers, so that no one else should have to suffer?

Making a donation is easy...you can make a secure online donation. Or PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a softcopy of the donor form.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Or visit the Team in Training main website at http://www.teamintraining.org.

Thanks in advance for all your support!

--Keith
    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed
Working...
X