Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAIPAN SUCKS -- (its a website) -- opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAIPAN SUCKS -- (its a website) -- opinions?

http://www.saipansucks.com/about.htm
    Last edited by Tiger Beer; August 16, 2005, 03:51 PM.

Re: SAIPAN SUCKS -- (its a website) -- opinions?

Boy, that site sucks. Whoever put it up should learn some more web design before being allowed near a keyboard again.

Comment

dude i'm from sa'ipan che'lu... where you from brown that your telling me sa'ipan sawks. why you say dat anyway.

nah just kidding i know thats a website
      Ebb And Flow

Comment

The website is lacking in quality design. However, the sad news is that most everything written is true. The murders of contract workers which are never solved, the corruption of the government and complacent attitude of many. They did miss the story about how many Russian prostitutes are working there, many of them are nothing more than sex slaves whose masters hold their passports, threaten them if they get out of line and keep all of the money. There is a good side to Saipan but it can be overshadowed by the things the writer mentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
          dang he jus increased his web traffic!! LOL!! now he tryin to sell t-shirts and mugs!!
          Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

have you guys ever been to sa'ipan. who ever wrote that website maybe just jealous that america cant take da land over there.

island of thieves. islas de ladrones.

magellan named us that bcuz we took cannon balls and nails and shiny metal stuff we never seen before away from their ship. to dem that was stealing. to us it was ''chenchule''. a system where , if we give something to you , something is owed back to us. weather we get it ourselves , or its given to us. preferably given back.

war broke out between chamorrus and spanish cuz magellan killed some chamz for ''stealing''. but after that we made up and traded. much of the chenchule system is still alive today , even subconciously. its by nature. so the corruption and theft in the government is more like chenchule. family is a pretty big part of custom here. as with any culture. but its seen in the government how if somebody commits murder.... some dumb sa'ipanese would working in the government will cover it up for the sake of the tough young stupid kid. sa'ipan does suck for allowing russian prostitutes and people like that in there..

but one thing that is good about sa'ipan is the natives who have been oppressed and all that crap.. are put first the cnmi. its hardly seen now a days.

mostly its like the theory of darwin. survival of the fittest... he though human beings were of different types. but of the same spiecies. he also though caucasians were the superior race.
            Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
              have you guys ever been to sa'ipan. who ever wrote that website maybe just jealous that america cant take da land over there.
              ROTFL. You just outdid yourself.

Please, carry on. Hilarious stuff!

Comment

nice to know you had a good laugh. but why are you laughing. do you really think america could take sa'ipan land or something. they probably could , but if they did , than they're not the moral and righteous country they claim to be. or am i just a joke... haha , i think its both huh
                Ebb And Flow

Comment

I don't know the politics of Saipan and its relation with the U.S. government.

But I'm living in Korea.. and lots of Koreans want the U.S. military to go away.. yet Korea has no other allies - they hate the Japanese and scared of the Chinese. As more and more protests and anti-americanism has been growing in Korea.. the US government has planned to withdraw extremely large numbers of troops out of Korea for good.

The recent politics is interesting.. suddenly the more adamant anti-american Koreans including the PRESIDENT OF KOREA has been doing backflips trying to apologize and recognize that without some U.S. presence.. they wouldn't be able to hold back a North Korean assault.. and with their hatred of Japan.. couldn't count on any support from anyone else either.

As to Saipan.. I don't know the politics there.. but I'm guessing most of the local wealth is highly tied to their relations with the US government.. I'm betting the local wealth definetely wouldn't want their $ surply evaporating - meaning estranging themselves from the US government in some kind of common people revolution of some sort or another.

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
                    island of thieves. islas de ladrones.

magellan named us that bcuz we took cannon balls and nails and shiny metal stuff we never seen before away from their ship. to dem that was stealing. to us it was ''chenchule''. a system where , if we give something to you , something is owed back to us. weather we get it ourselves , or its given to us. preferably given back.
                    Interesting post. I never heard of the concept of "chenchule" until this post by New Roots. Did a little searching around and found a neat, if not delicious looking link, about it.

Chenchule'

Comment

Hey tiger.. there is lots of anti-americanism today. i think its becuase its cool to stand up against a world power. but thats not why we dont like em.

if you dont already know. the american government made it harder for the people here to live. they allowed people to settle on here. now theres like 150,000 people , or more.. thats not the only thing. they took lots of land away for their military base lol. and uhhh ... they. i dont know they just suck.

they suck cuz they manipulated us , they made Us hAtE ourself and love their wealth , and all that other stuff you know.

its true they fought spain and japan .. but their not different from spain or japan.. their basically big fish bossing around the small fish in the pond you know.

they didnt ''liberate'' us.. they just stole us away from theives. we dont have true freedom.. the freedom to govern the land thats been stolen away from us hundreds of years ago. the freeeeeeedom we once had before the sPaNiSh colonized here. without that freedom , they've changed us and its making us forget who we are. one example of them trying to separate us from our identity is how .. like the spanish and japan not allowing us to speak chamorru ... they changed the name from guahan to guam.

the ancestors died in vain trying to keep whats theirs. and prevent the spaniards from enabling their laws. they've commited genocide.

oh yeah.. and saipan people having their wealth from the u.s. government is not true. lots of people in saipan are rich cuz of LAND. land is a good resource. they lease their land cuz people cant buy , they can only rent it.
                      Ebb And Flow

Comment

People belive it is written by a former CNMI Assistant Attorney General.

In June 2002 I read the site as I was offered a professional position in the CNMI government. I wish I had listened but arrived a month later.

While saipansucks.com overstates some things so it can be entertaining, so-o-o-o-o much of what it says is true.

For example, I found this to be 100% accurate, which is excerpted from the site:

The attitude by employers in the CNMI, including the government, appears to mirror that of the garment industry. Toe the line, agree with every irrational whim of the arbitrarily appointed decision maker, or you may be cut loose. The general attitude controls all employment, from the government to the garment factories, which hold their employees virtually hostage to the dollar. Local government department heads – primarily family members and political supporters of elected officials -- because they are not qualified to do their jobs, are shadowed by U.S. transplants in "special" jobs (e.g., special assistant, special advisor). The "specials" are people who have, for the most part, embraced the "island way" and given up their dignity along with any hope of doing their jobs properly. The prospect of being without income or employment so far from civilization has neutered many idealistic transplants, engendering compromise and debasement of the quality of any talent they might have brought with them to the islands. Accommodation is king, with many long-time U.S. transplants becoming apologists for, and an active part of, the corrupt society. It's "the island way."

Is this accurate? Oh my gosh is it accurate!!

Comment

and thats the way it should be.
                          Ebb And Flow

Comment

I've never been to Saipan, but I get choke Chamorro friends here in Hawaii. They're really fun-loving, warm, genuine and giving island people (just like Hawaiians). So if the people are a good indication of the island, I'd say Saipan must be a beautiful place. I'm sure it has it's problems, but so does every where else--Hawaii included.

Comment

Originally posted by newroots View Post
                              and thats the way it should be.
                              Care to explain what you mean and what you are referring to?

Comment

Working...
                              X