PDA

View Full Version : Pupus menu advice

Ailina
August 17th, 2005, 05:12 AM
I'm putting together a pupus menu for next week (for about 8 people). I can't afford a lot, but I want to at least offer a decent variety. Here is the list I came up with. Any recommended substitutions or additions?

musubi
lumpia
haupia
banana bread
deviled eggs
I thought of making sweet-and-sour wings. Is there something better?

alohabear
August 17th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Makisushi is always good

lavagal
August 17th, 2005, 06:03 AM
salted, boiled soybeans!

Miulang
August 17th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Thin strips of broiled teriyaki beef threaded on bamboo skewers or teriyaki chicken wings.

Miulang

U'ilani
August 17th, 2005, 07:01 AM
If you can find inexpensive ripe mangoes, how about mango salsa w/tortilla chips?

lurkah
August 17th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Toothpicked fresh, sweet pineapple chunks sprinkled lightly with li hing powder. :D

1stwahine
August 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Stuffed Aburage with Oyster Sauce! Very simple to make and ono! With or without water chestnut.

Auntie Lynn

pinakboy
August 17th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I'm putting together a pupus menu for next week (for about 8 people). I can't afford a lot, but I want to at least offer a decent variety. Here is the list I came up with. Any recommended substitutions or additions?

musubi
lumpia
haupia
banana bread
deviled eggs
I thought of making sweet-and-sour wings. Is there something better?

u can make spicy korean, char siu, or teriyaki wingdings!! :rolleyes:

or makem all, jus gotta buy a couple big bag frozen wingdings and get da marinade sauces den soakem overnight all separately... bake in oven or broiler in individual pans den setup ur pupu platter and arrange da 3 different kind wingdings on a bed of cabbage or lettuce with 3 different sauces!! winnahz!! :D

alohabear
August 18th, 2005, 05:41 AM
u can make spicy korean, char siu, or teriyaki wingdings!! :rolleyes:

or makem all, jus gotta buy a couple big bag frozen wingdings and get da marinade sauces den soakem overnight all separately... bake in oven or broiler in individual pans den setup ur pupu platter and arrange da 3 different kind wingdings on a bed of cabbage or lettuce with 3 different sauces!! winnahz!! :D
I can't wait to party at your house! :p

Fondoo2
August 18th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I 'm a big fan of South American style Cevece,it's raw fish marinated in lemone and lime juice,chili,red onions.The acid in the fruit cooks the fish served cold mmmmm mmmm mmmm

Glen Miyashiro
August 18th, 2005, 07:44 AM
I 'm a big fan of South American style Cevece,it's raw fish marinated in lemone and lime juice,chili,red onions.The acid in the fruit cooks the fish served cold mmmmm mmmm mmmmIf you want to stay Polynesian, the Tahitians make poisson cru, which is like this but with coconut milk too. Yum.