Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic ensues in rush for $50 iBook laptops

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/...omputer_frenzy

To wet yourself for a 4 year old iBook??? WOW!

Re: Those crazy Virginians!

You are so right! I sent this to another thread started by Doc who is considering buying a laptop. thought he'd like to see this. Talk about disgusting.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: Those crazy Virginians!

Originally posted by lavagal
      You are so right! I sent this to another thread started by Doc who is considering buying a laptop. thought he'd like to see this. Talk about disgusting.
      Hey, someone dumpster dived for a box full of computer games, so that's nothing!

But if it was a windows computer, then would people go all over for it? (maybe for some of us geeks, because then we can reformat it and place win2k and do some folding with them)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Panic ensues in rush for $50 iBook laptops
        A rush to purchase $50 used laptops turned into a violent stampede Tuesday, with people getting thrown to the pavement, beaten with a folding chair and nearly driven over. One woman went so far to wet herself rather than surrender her place in line.

Comment

Re: Panic ensues in rush for $50 iBook laptops

Circuit circus is right! an officiator of the sale said the stampede had entertainment value!
          wow.
          and anodda guy said "I waited here for hours so, yea, my beating people over the head with a metal chair is justified!"
          jeeez.

Comment

Can't believe I'm posting this, but this is a repost!!

Comment

Whoops. Guess that "Those crazy Virginians" subject title should've tipped me off. Do I get more demerits for this?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                Whoops. Guess that "Those crazy Virginians" subject title should've tipped me off. Do I get more demerits for this?
                That's how come Ryan sez:
                Use helpful thread titles. While it's hard to resist being clever or cryptic sometimes, for the most part the threads you start will do better if you succinctly explain the subject in the title. For example, if you've been thinking about painting your house, don't use "I've been thinking about something" -- use "House Painting" instead. When posting a review of a movie, don't use "Movie review" -- just use the title of the movie. Think about how your thread could evolve or be referenced later. The better it is described, the more inviting and useful it will be.

(HawaiiThreads FAQ)

Comment

must have been the alcohol
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Threads merged! Carry on.

Comment

Anyone knows the specifications on those notebooks? Maybe I should start looking for it on ebay. (but then, I don't have an OS installation disc incase I want to reformat the computer)

Comment

Working...
                      X