Master Blasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Blasters

There are times when I cringe when I watch Master Blasters on the Sci-Fi Channel on Wednesday nights. Out of the four episodes aired so far I have only seen the last three.

The basic premise of this show is that there is this father and son team based in Texas who are extreme rocketeers and call themselves the Master Blasters. They also have an additional 3 to 4 people joining them on their team, each week another rocketry team from around the country would come to them and challenge them to some sort rocket related contest. They got 4 days to build some thing and launch it on the 5th day.

The one hour episode show highlights the 4 days building phase and of course the 5th day when the launch occurs.

What makes me cringe when I watch this, is how the contest event is delivered to the teams, the so-called 2nd day additional details to the event (like why not just so say on the 1st day) and of course the stuff they launch. This week was a rocket powered go-cart drag race, last week was launching 5 rockets per team at a target 100 feet in diameter located 1000 feet away and two weeks ago was actually launching a Mini-Coupe car into the air.
Working...
X