Who's your tech support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your tech support?

Now that Best Buy is in town, it turned up the heat for local/seasoned tech supporters. So, who will you call if your computer needs help?

- Supergeeks
    - Geek Squad
    - the kid down the street
    - relative
    - yourself
    - other
    Last edited by adrian; August 18, 2005, 07:31 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who's your tech support?

...if I... can't finger it out for myself...

Rolf or Big Mike
    MacmouseClub sout' st.

Comment

Pc hotroder here.It's amazing how much you learn trying to get more frames per second out of games.Myself and Goggle can fix any PC problem
      Moving to Hilo area will change shipping charges and my new daughter took care of all that extra time for games life is always changing
      Oh I have a sure fire way of speeding up ANY PC no matter how old.....
      Throw it out a three story window

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        So, who will you call if your computer needs help?
        I have a Mac.

hee!

Comment

Now that Best Buy is in town, it turned up the heat for local/seasoned tech supporters. So, who will you call if your computer needs help?
          Usually myself (Macs don't give its users too many problems).

If not some of my other Mac using friends or if it really needs to be repaired or I need a new part or accessory, Big Mike at Mac Mouse Club.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Usually myself. I have A+ and Network+ certificates so I usually can get by 99% of my computer problems myself.
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

You can find ANYTHING on the internet

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

My geek friend in California or my jerk friend in Florida. One of them usually has an answer for me, and then I can do whatever needs to be done with the compy on my own. Haven't needed them or any other tech support for anything very serious, though. The most recent, uh, "tech support" I got from them was "why is it that some of my files are highlighted in blue?"...
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

why is it that some of my files are highlighted in blue?"...

I think xp's default is to highlight compresed or encrypted files in blue I forget what one

Comment

Heh, yeah, I know, we figured that out a long time ago. That was just the last thing I ever had to ask them. It's for compressed files.
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Myself and seldom Google help
                      Go For Broke Alumnus - 1991 to 1999
                      Supporting the U.S. Army Reserve in the Pacific Northwest.
                      www.goarmy.com

Comment

me, mahself, & I

ms technet

geeks like mahself...
                        Reggie aka pinakboy
                        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                        Recipe Tube TV!
                        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

http://www.smartcomputing.com/messag...ype=&pg=&#here

This url is great for asking questions and getting pretty quick responses. The catch is that in order to post and answer questions (plus use the search functions for archived Q&A) you have to be an active subscriber to PC Computing's magazines. Other than that anyone can browse and view the questions and answers that follow each post.

When I moved to the Big Island I lost my computer guru (Dexter) so I had to learn to build and repair computers myself. I ended up buying every computer tech magazine that published stories on computer mods, upgrades and repair. One was PC Computing and I ended up subscribing to it. I was pleasantly surprized when they emailed me my username and password for their online support.

This url: http://www.smartcomputing.com/messag...ype=&pg=&#here has proved invaluable when it came to answering questions like: Why does my A: light stay on and my computer not recognize it? Answer, flip the IDE cable around. It was that simple. There's an online guru there his name is Berton and he's proved to be a great free tech support answering simple and very complex questions.

Check it out and subscribe to this magazine (also publishes three others and all will qualify for online support)

http://www.smartcomputing.com/messag...ype=&pg=&#here
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

doc1456 aka Adrian

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Most of the time, when it's not a huge problem, my husband or I try to fix it ourselves. We google to help find answers. But the one time my laptop was going kablooey, I turned to SuperGeeks out at Kapolei.

MadAzza, you made me smile with your "I have a mac....hee..." comment. I guess it's true in general that mac users have much less problems? We are pc users around here, but I have a mac at school.
                              Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Working...
                              X