coming soon: RENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming soon: RENT!

watched a movie today (broken flowers) and i have to say that the previews were better than that movie. i don't see how it got such great reviews.

but more importantly, i wanted to mention that the movie RENT is coming soon. the trailer's been out for a while and it's not breaking news but no one's mentioned it yet and i definitely think it's worth mentioning.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...s_of_love.html

saw the play on broadway and loved it; deserved all the acolades it got. hope the movie version will be excellent, too....

525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan. 525,600 minutes - how can you measure, the life of a woman or man? .....
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: coming soon: RENT!

watched rent tonight at the dole and i liked it... not as much as the broadway version but if you like the broadway hit, i'm pretty sure you'll at least appreciate and enjoy the movie version.

one of the cool things about the movie is that the cast is made up mostly of the original cast. you'll recognize their voices if you had/have the cd.

i don't always agree with roger ebert but i think i'll agree with him on this point:

"I think there is an audience for the movie version of "Rent," and that would be fans of the stage versions. If you came to know and love the material in its original form, this is a way to see the characters and actors again, and you will bring those memories with you to the movie, as sort of a commentary track. Those who haven't seen "Rent" on the stage will sense they're missing something, and they are."

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...VIEWS/51116001
    Last edited by shaveice; December 11, 2005, 01:28 AM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
    X