Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens want Mustangs, parents say Civic

source
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - If teens had their choice of a car, they'd take a Ford Mustang, according to a recent poll. But parents put the Mustang at the bottom of the list of cars they'd want for their kids.

An on-line poll administered by the vehicle pricing company Kelley Blue Book, showed that drivers age 16 to 25 ranked stylish vehicles such as a Mustang or a Jeep Wrangler as their top vehicle choices, while their parents preferred something more sensible, like a Toyota Corolla.

The 2000 Honda Civic ranked highly with both parents and teens. It was the top choice for parents and third choice for teens.
    Atleast their parents are buying them cars. When I had the chance to drive, I had to drive a 1995 Ford Aerostar van.
    Last edited by admin; August 22, 2005, 11:14 AM. Reason: Again, do not post full articles. Excerpt and link!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Teens want Mustangs, parents say Civic

I'd like to know the locations of the people polled, many of the teenagers around the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area prefer Civics/Integras over most any domestic.
    Got Absinthe?

Comment

Here's are the results straight from the horse's mouth:

16-25-Year-Old Drivers: Vehicles They Want to Drive
      1. 2001 Ford Mustang (27%)
      2. 2000 Jeep Wrangler (16%)
      3. 2000 Honda Civic (12%)
      4. 2000 Volkswagen Jetta (12%)
      5. 2002 Acura Integra (11%)
      6. 2000 Ford Explorer (10%)
      7. 2000 Toyota Tacoma (9%)
      8. 2002 Toyota Corolla (3%)

Parents of 16-25-Year-Old Drivers: Vehicles They Want to See Their Kids Drive
      1. 2000 Honda Civic (23%)
      2. 2002 Toyota Corolla (18%)
      3. 2000 Toyota Tacoma (13%)
      4. 2002 Acura Integra (12%)
      5. 2000 Ford Explorer (11%)
      6. 2000 Volkswagen Jetta (11%)
      7. 2001 Ford Mustang (7%)
      8. 2000 Jeep Wrangler (5%)
      They gave survey respondents a fixed list of car makes and models, so I'm sure if it was a freeform survey, you would've gotten much different results (hence no Lamborghinis on the kids list!).

Comment

If you ask me, the top eight parents' choices look more like what teens out here would pick.

Comment

I'll bet a buck that the Honda Civic of the parents choice is NOTHING LIKE the Honda Civic that the teen has in mind. Let's think about the little word "customized" here....

Comment

I don't understand why a sweet truck like the Toyota Tacoma would score so low. Maybe more girls completed the survey.

And who were these obscenely practical teens who chose the Toyota Corolla??
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

The same ones who were thinking "customized" and didn't want to drive a Civic...

Comment

Pfffft my 1972 Ford LTD rocked! It was green with doors longer than todays entire cars,and when the power stearing whent out a week after I got it it became a mobile gym!

Comment

Working...
                X