Another demolished block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another demolished block

Speaking of demolitions, I noticed another demolished block here in Honolulu. It's at the bottom of Wai'alae Avenue, on the left-hand side just before the H-1 onramp if you're traveling 'ewa. That new self-storage place is across the street on the right-hand side. (Here's a Google Map.) I remember there was a Japanese adult video store there, as well as some other businesses. The location is unfortunate, as it's bracketed by the freeway and Wai'alae Avenue, and pushed up against the Mānoa-Pālolo Stream. Does anybody know what's happening with this block?

Re: Another demolished block

Didn't much of that complex burn down? Despite the proximity to the freeway, my money is on a residential development, rather than another 'mixed use' property like what used to be there. That little pocket has been a neglected little gem considering all the bustle that surrounds it.

Comment

Re: Another demolished block

They had a news segment on that property just a few weeks ago, I was sickened to hear that another self-storage competitor will be taking up the entire block. So we will have two of these ugly looking buildings facing one another.

Ugh!!

I see KC Drive Inn has been hit with graffiti, I miss my peanut butter ono ono
      shakes, anywhere else I can get those? What will replace KC Drive Inn?

Also will Diamond Head Theater/USPS Office/Subway/etc. be torn down for the new Safeway or will that just occupy everything next to it in the abandoned lot. I see Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins went out of business and is now simply a Donut shop. I think the old Genki Sushi used to occupy the building. Not sure.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
      X