Little League World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little League World Series

Anyone else following our kids in the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania? According to this site, the Ewa Beach team won a big game a little while ago, 10-0 over Southeast Maitland, Florida. Imua!

Re: Little League World Series

Games have been televised on ESPN, so there's no excuse for not tuning in and rooting for our keiki. There are two other youth teams playing on the mainland right now, I think... another Little League team and a Babe Ruth team.

Comment

I caught a little of the Eva Beach-Maitland, FL game yesterday..about the time Eva had it wrapped up 10-0. Tony Gwynn and Harold Reynolds had been looking forward to this match up, with the baseball heritage the Maitland team has...sons of Dante Bichette and Mike Stanley on the squad...and the "flat-out hitting power" the Eva Beach team owns, as Gwynn said about them during the Barrigada,Guam-Russia match Friday night. I figured Maitland was going to be a tough nut for Eva to crack; I never figured they were going to trounce them by 10-0 though!

Comment

i watched a little bit of that game.. those kids looked so happy. it was funny.
        they hit alot of homers and had some good defense. hopefully guam and ewa beach challenges. who do you think would win
        Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
          i watched a little bit of that game.. those kids looked so happy. it was funny.
          they hit alot of homers and had some good defense. hopefully guam and ewa beach challenges. who do you think would win
          If it comes down to Guam and Eva Beach, let the game go into extra innings..let it go into so many extra innings, the the umps and the Little Officials decide that this year there will be two co-champs. I wouldn't want to see either team lose it. A Guam-Eva Beach match-up would be neat.

Comment

that would be awesOmE .. but honestly i think hawai'i gots a better team. both teams play tomorrow
            Ebb And Flow

Comment

WOW! Way to go Ewa Beach Little League!!!

I am not a big fan of the sport. My husband has been trying to get our son into a league. My son (who has been playing football for 3 years now) repeats after his football coach and says baseball/softball should be named pussyball.

Comment

as someone who works in the media monitoring, i've seen a lot of this story, and i have to say that it is one of the best feel-good stories of the year...as much as the local stations like to fluff up the angle, this a genuinely newsworthy event in HI...let's hope the little bruddahs can go all the way...but even if they don't, they'll come home heroes...
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

If you're gonna get one hit like they did yesterday, it's a good thing to make it a home run. The funny thing about that is, the night before the same thing happened in the major leagues. Some poor pitcher gave up only one hit, but it was a homer and he lost 1-0. This sort of thing is pretty rare.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
                    My son (who has been playing football for 3 years now) repeats after his football coach and says baseball/softball should be named pussyball.
                    Have the coach don the "Tools of Ignorance" (catcher's gear, for all you non-baseball players out there) and take a couple shots from runners trying to score at home plate. Or get him to stand in the batter's box and take a couple of pitches high and in without running away like a little girl.

Baseball isn't golf, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                      Have the coach don the "Tools of Ignorance" (catcher's gear, for all you non-baseball players out there) and take a couple shots from runners trying to score at home plate. Or get him to stand in the batter's box and take a couple of pitches high and in without running away like a little girl.

Baseball isn't golf, that's for sure.
                      Nah - you can tell um...http://eteamz.active.com/InterbayFootballClub/

I think he is entitled to his opinions...so is everyone else.

K-den Shaka Brah!

Comment

Woot! They won! 6-1 or something like that. Watched the tail end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne

Woot! They won! 6-1 or something like that. Watched the tail end of it.
                          They sure did. Imua Ewa Beach!!

Comment

no, the tv sed it wuz:

Eeee- whuh.

Comment

If you watched the whole game, you would have noticed that Musburger pronounced it both ways. Reynolds said it correctly a number of times.

Comment

Working...
                              X