How much are you paying at the pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you paying at the pump?

Since gas prices are sky rocketing, I just want to know what I'm missing for not driving every day

And if possible, post some tips to help other people to save gas.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How much are you paying at the pump?

I'm paying about $2.80 a gallon for super here in Texas, and that's all my daily driver will guzzle...

My advice on saving gas, buy a motorcycle, i am before the move.
    38 days and counting.
    Got Absinthe?

Comment

How much is the gas at Costco? Is it really worth waiting for? Just wondering.

Comment

See http://www.honolulugasprices.com for the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Thanks.

Wow people on Maui pay over $3 per gallon!? Saw that on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            Thanks.

Wow people on Maui pay over $3 per gallon!? Saw that on the news.
            And the people on Lanai and Molokai are paying even more, probably closer to $3.50/gallon. Good thing there aren't too many places to drive on those islands, or they'd really be in a world of hurt.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Just wondering? How much does the State tax us for gas? I know the taxes they add to a pack of smokes raises the price a lot. Maybe lowering the tax a while will help ease the burden or maybe go back to odd/ even days like in the seventies will lower demand.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

It appears that all taxes for a gallon of gasoline are somewhere around 65 cents. The gas cap that will be imposed beginning Sept. 1 is supposed to make the price of gas in Hawai'i comparable to what the Mainland is paying, however, the cap is being imposed on the wholesale price of gas and not the retail price. I don't know of many altruistic gas station owners who would willingly reduce their profit.

The gas rationing that occurred in the 1970s was instituted by the federal government. I remember whining when gas went from 39 cents a gallon to 50 cents a gallon back then.

Here's the Star-Bulletin's take on what gas prices will look like next week.

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; August 25, 2005, 06:13 AM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro

Can't vouch for the veracity of the inputs, but I'm sure this link would be discredited wikiwiki if they weren't . . .

http://www.sanjosegasprices.com/

The last-quoted cheapest price (under $2.60 a gallon) seems out of line.

I just fill it up when I see a price that's comfortable. For the past few weeks, I've been paying around mid- to high- $2.60s.

Palama Kid
                  Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

The cheapest gas in the Seattle area is $2.65-2.71 for regular.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

The cheapest gas in the Seattle area is $2.65-2.71 for regular.
                      How's da mileage on dem new bicycles coming along?

Comment

Well the price for premium unleaded has gone up since yesterday in Hilo, running now about $3.01.99 per gallon. I remember those good old days of 25-cents per gallon full serve!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Well the price for premium unleaded has gone up since yesterday in Hilo, running now about $3.01.99 per gallon. I remember those good old days of 25-cents per gallon full serve!
                          OOOh Craig! Your Beamer can only run on premium, yeah? Ass why hard.

Miulang

Comment

I remember in the 1970s when the price of gasoline jumped above $1.00 a gallon, and a lot of the gas stations had trouble with the meters on their pumps because they only had two digits. Some of them tried switching to selling by the liter so they wouldn't have to upgrade. Sort of like the Y2K problem, only a lot smaller.

Comment

Gov. Lingle has posted the conditions under which she is likely to repeal the gas cap. Unfortunately, since many of the triggers require a length of time to see the true effects of the cap, if Hawai'i drivers end up paying more than they do today, they will have to suffer probably through the end of the year at the earliest. Gas prices up here aren't increasing as dramatically right now as they did about 2 weeks ago, although next week might be different because of the Labor Day holiday and the fact that lots of people up here drive their cars long distances, which gives the gas station owners an excuse to raise prices.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X