The Cover of the Rolling Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cover of the Rolling Stone

In an effort to find a cool cover search more inclusive than the Sports Illustrated search, I stumbled upon this cool covers search at the Rolling Stone. Unfortunately, you can't just type in a date and get the cover; you have to browse by year and then find the cover that comes closest to the date you're looking for. Sadly, the first issue of the Stone wasn't published until 1967, so this is even less inclusive than the SI search. Sorry.

Here's mine. The first issue of 1969 (one of the all-time great years for rock and roll, by the way) came out a week after I was born, so I had to go with the last issue of 1968, which featured the Beatles and a big furry dog.

There's supposedly a covers search at Life magazine, going back to 1936 (that's far enough back even for Albert!) but I can't get the search to work. Can anyone else figure it out?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: The Cover of the Rolling Stone

Here's a site for magazine collectors that has all the covers of Playboy Magazine starting from the first issue in December 1953.

Comment

Working...
    X