Go Greek this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Greek this weekend

If you're tired of eating the same old same old local grinds this weekend, try out the Greek Festival at McCoy Pavilion at Ala Moana Park. The best part of the festival (and with most ethnic festivals) is the food! I love spanakopita, baklava, dolmathes and souvlaki the most.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Go Greek this weekend

Miulang is right! Good food and lots of Greek groceries brought in especially for the event. We did a write up of our visit last year and I'm sure it will be the same or even better.

Greek Festival Report

Comment

I've been several times and look forward to it again today. Yay for spanikopitas!!! Yum.

Comment

wow. flashback.
        for some reason, my soc studies teacher, at central intermediate, just popped into mind;
        Mr. Anastasopoulos.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
          Miulang is right! Good food and lots of Greek groceries brought in especially for the event. We did a write up of our visit last year and I'm sure it will be the same or even better.

Greek Festival Report
          Almost forgot to bump this up. Today is the last day for this very fun festival. Last year we got to see the Governor participate in the folk dancing - she did quite well. Best part is always the food!

Comment

I love mousaka myself. Love spanikopita -- the more feta the better!

Okay, now I'm hungry.
            Last edited by Sprite; August 26, 2007, 08:46 AM. Reason: Dated and poster listed as "banned."
            Aloha,
            Evelyn
            Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post

Greek Festival Report
              We went to the last 2 year's festivals. In fact, last year's one was held the weekend of my dad's funeral, which made it a nice way to brighten up an otherwise depressing day. I blogged it here.

That's a good idea. I think I'll check it out today (solo.. girlfrend has to work).

Also, next weekend will be the Okinawan Festival, including a HUGE stage performance of the Rinken Band on Saturday Night. And don't forget about them Andadogs!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
              X