Snacking on the Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snacking on the Job

I have one of those jobs where it's difficult to take time to sit down and have a meal, yet the schedule lends itself nicely to taking small snack breaks. Usually, I avoid snacking between meals, but we have daily faculty meetings, and someone often brings something to pass around, and then at the end of the school day, before I get busy preparing for the next day, it's very easy to take a few minutes for a little something.

Do you snack on the job? How do you keep it in check, especially if you're sitting at a desk in a cubicle or office and could conceivably eat all day long while you're getting your work done? What's your preferred eat-at-the-desk snack?

And what about coffee or other drinks? How do they figure into the routine of your on-the-clock time?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Snacking on the Job

I pretty much stick to lots of water. Sometimes I snack, if someone brings something in or makes popcorn, or sometimes I bring something in for everyone (although not often enough, truth be told).

But mainly I just drink water. And I brush my teeth a lot so I'm not as tempted to snack.

Comment

Re: Snacking on the Job

At least something to drink, either water or soda. Sometimes I eat lunch at my desk.

Comment

Working...
      X