While we're all worried about that $30 tank of gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we're all worried about that $30 tank of gas

Some far more sinister things are happening that will forever keep the price of gasoline at the $3+/gallon mark.

Even WM admits that the cost of fuel (both for shipping their cheap goods from Asia to their warehouses and then from their warehouses to their stores) is going to cause problems for them. It'll also cost them in the number of customers who have to choose between buying stuff at WM and paying for gas to drive to work.

That last energy bill that the President signed a few weeks ago isn't going to do diddly for us; neither are the new standards being issued for fuel efficiency. Face it folks, the only way to save money on gas is to use less of it. I also read somewhere that most of the goods and produce you find in the supermarkets travel about 1500 miles to get to you, which means the prices of those goods will also increase; this is another good reason to buy locally where possible. You'll get better quality food for about the same price and help the local economy.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; August 26, 2005, 03:54 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: While we're all worried about that $30 tank of gas

I understand your outrage about the price of gas, since I only have a 6 cylinder and it's cost me $50 to fill the tank, but frankly I am more pissed off at the price of housing everywhere and the high tution costs, not to mention I still see women walking out of the malls with a $100 purse.

Sometimes, I don't understand why we agree to pay for over priced crappy housing, but then get all up in arms about the price of gas.

I would have taken a train, when I did live in Hawaii, but they were still voting on it.

Comment

Working...
    X