memories of a geisha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memories of a geisha

if you're a Zhang Ziyi, Ken Watanabe, Michelle Yeoh or Arthur Golden fan, you'll be interested in this upcoming movie:

http://www.movies.co.jp/sayuri/

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingso...ofageisha.shtm
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: memories of a geisha

I believe you mean Memoirs of a Geisha, and I think the inimitable Gong Li is also in the film.

I find it interesting that even with some very capable Japanese actors in Hollywood, the producers chose to go with currently hot Chinese names like Ziyi Zhang and Michelle Yeoh. I love them (I really, really, really love them), but would like to have seen some Japanese actresses (ooh...like Tamlyn Tomita) in the leads.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

hi scrivener. i'm a little puzzled by your statement if you look at the title of the thread, it's "memories of a geisha". i think you mistook the link (which i didn't create!) with my statements

of course, it's no big deal. oh, yeah. i totally agree; it's funny they went with chinese actresses/actors when there are some very capable japanese ones. tamlyn? oh yeah. she's hot!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Hi Shave Ice. What I was trying to say is that the novel the film is based on and the film itself are both called Memoirs of a Geisha, not Memories. Right? We're talking about the same film, yes? Anyway, I'm hoping to read it before I see the film.
        Last edited by scrivener; August 27, 2005, 12:12 AM. Reason: "Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose'..."
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

hey man, you're right! amazing. i thought i typed memoirs and yet my fingers typed memories. sigh...

(hey, you're a nightowl like me, huh?)

Comment

Working...
          X