Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breaking news! Like the wind! weather report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking news! Like the wind! weather report.

http://tinyurl.com/rglc

clik dat mofo a few times if it gives ya any backtalk.

or here;

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/msn/triumph_idol_weather.shtml
    Last edited by kimo55; August 27, 2005, 05:36 PM.

Re: breaking news! Like the wind! weather report.

Oh god, that was great. Thanks for that link
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Instead of using the TinyURL service (which only makes sense in flat-text environments where linefeeds/wraps become a problem), please just create a standard hyperlink (like this: Yahoo!). This allows would-be clickers to have a better idea of where they're going before clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
        Instead of using the TinyURL service (which only makes sense in....
        makes sense to me cuz it quickens my work; two cliks later, I post, and, with no long url.

Comment

It can't possibly be easier to take a URL, submit it to TinyURL, then use that new URL to post, than it is just to use the original URL in your post.

And with phishing on the rise and with jokesters and pranksters everywhere, I don't like not knowing where a link is going before I click it, and would recommend against anyone else doing the same.

Besides, if you think it's too much trouble to convert text in a post to a hyperlink (using the "create link" button ), you can just post the whole URL. If it's too long, this message board will truncate it automatically (but still leave enough to give clickers an idea about what the destination is):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...;creative=9325

If you're going to use TinyURL, I want to know where it's going, not just get "check it out, this is cool!" Just as if you'd posted it to a mailing list (and e-mail was where TinyURL was designed to shine). It's good netiquette. No matter how good natured, there are many circumstances in which a "fun surprise" could lead to real trouble. Especially where multimedia is involved.

Let me put it this way. Don't use TinyURL. I can make a "how to post links" guide if you need it.

Comment

I'm not sure what's supposed to be at that link, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

If it's the "Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" stint as weather canine for KHNL, it is hilarious... but definitely NSFW. We giggled about it over at HawaiiStories last February, and I even posted a transcript of it for those that didn't want to bother with trying to get the video to play.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              I'm not sure what's supposed to be at that link, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

the long url link in my first post.
              works fine.

and ok, no more tinyurl.
              Think I spend too much time posting goofy URLs anyway.
              need to cut back.

Comment

Posting funny links? That's what a blog is for!

They're also excellent vehicles for posting a long series of political observations and puncU@ti0n f!lled r@nts, but, I digress...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  but, I digress...
                  yes.

besides we know what blogs are for and I will have none of that, thengewvurrymush.

Comment

Old, but still good.

Anyone knows where I can get the full size video? (or atleast download a copy)
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                      Old, but still good.

thank you. been said of me many times, but I appreciate it, still.

Comment

Working...
                      X