The Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cave

The Cave was the third of four movies a friend and I saw on Saturday at the Ward Theatre. It's a horror movie with not too much blood and gore about a group cave divers who get stuck in huge undiscovered cave system in Romania and they are not alone.

Re: The Cave

hi helen. did you like the movie? after a long day, i decided to catch the 10:20 pm showing on sunday and, unexpectedly, liked it a lot. it's definitely not a great movie, but i thought it was way better than the awful reviews it got.

i'm sure part of the reason i liked it is cuz it had a number of things that i like: (1) a female character who looked good, was smart, brave, strong, etc.; (2) cave diving; (3) abseiling/rock climbing; (4) etc.

i will agree with one criticism of the movie, though: the "thing-that-won't-be-mentioned" is too much like other things...
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I think the previews on the TV spoiled the movie, other wise the creatures in the cave would have made for a better surprise when it was revealed.

I got mixed feelings on this movie, I don't think I would see it in the theater again but if the DVD version was kind of cheap and/or had a good amount of deleted scenes I would pick it up. And if there is a possibilty of a sequel I would try to see it.

Comment

me and my wife have a rule that any horror movie you can make it thru is a good horror movie.Since we love the gener so much we have lower expectations,if we just think we might get scared is somtimes enough.I will be looking for the cave when it hits dvd

Comment

What was really bizzare for me when I watched this movie is that I drank about 24oz of soda during the movie and I felt like going to the bathroom but I was hoping for the movie to end soon. Of course with all that water shown in the movie, it made the urge much more stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
            The Shinning is one of my all time faves.You have a favorite?
            Excuse me for butting in, but let's keep the topic of discussion of this thread to The Cave or watching it. If you want to discuss favorite horror movies, by all means create a new topic in this forum, we discuss it there.
            Last edited by admin; September 1, 2005, 07:42 AM. Reason: Split thread.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              Excuse me for butting in, but let's keep the topic of discussion of this thread to The Cave or watching it. If you want to discuss favorite horror movies, by all means create a new topic in this forum, we discuss it there.
              Eek it's the fuz boys run! /emote "brushes off fingerprints from keyboard and runs away"

Comment

Working...
              X