Aloha from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Colorado

The hubby and I have been spending several weeks a year in Hawaii for the past several, mostly on the Big Island. We recently bought a tiny hale in the rainforest, perched on the eastern slope of Mauna Loa. We'll be moving in with the critters (three dogs and a cat) in December. I don't feel too bad about increasing the traffic or population there, since the couple we bought from moved to Oregon. I've been a working journalist for awhile. Now, I'm hoping to develop a green thumb (don't really have one yet) and actually farm my five acre lot. Might write a book someday, too. The hubby is a Certified Financial Planner. We love Hawaii, the aina, the people, the food, the spirit of aloha. It's all good. Mostly. Better than most places, anyway.
    Last edited by toeknee; August 28, 2005, 07:58 AM.

Re: Aloha from Colorado

Originally posted by toeknee
    The hubby and I have been spending several weeks a year in Hawaii for the past several, mostly on the Big Island. We recently bought a tiny hale in the rainforest, perched on the eastern slope of Mauna Loa. We'll be moving in with the critters (three dogs and a cat) in December. I don't feel too bad about increasing the traffic or population there, since the couple we bought from moved to Oregon. I've been a working journalist for awhile. Now, I'm hoping to develop a green thumb (don't really have one yet) and actually farm my five acre lot. Might write a book someday, too. The hubby is a Certified Financial Planner. We love Hawaii, the aina, the people, the food, the spirit of aloha. It's all good. Mostly. Better than most places, anyway.
    Aloha Toeknee:
    Now that you're putting down "roots" on the Big Island, I hope you're able to realize your dreams. Most of all, I hope you take good care of that 5 acre piece of land you now own and that you get involved in your community. Do you know why the previous owners moved to Oregon?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Aloha and Welcome to hawaiithreads.com.

I'm Auntie Lynn!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha back, Miulang and Auntie Lynn,

Yes. The previous owners moved to the mainland to be near the wife's parents and, I think, to move into their old house that she inherited. She grew up there. He grew up in the islands, fourth generation. He says he's adjusting just fine and likes it there. I wish him good luck and thank them both for keeping such a nice (and reasonably priced) place for me to buy and live.

In terms of taking care of the five acres, I'm going to go as close to organic as possible with the fruits and vegetables and hope to plant more native, endemic and indiginous plants throughout.

Mahalo for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome to Hawaii threads and the Big Island. I wish you luck in your moved to the islands.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X