Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink a soda, win an Xbox 360

Source

Microsoft will give away as many as 9,222 Xbox 360 game consoles in a bid to whet appetites for the first new version of the gadget in five years.

Microsoft launched the "Every 10 Minutes" promotion on Monday with Mountain Dew, promising to deliver the new Xbox consoles to winners before the gadgets hit stores for the holidays. Participants will have a chance to enter drawings every 10 minutes for the next nine weeks, the company said.

To enter, players must enter a unique code printed under caps of Mountain Dew, Pepsi and Sierra Mist bottles into an online account at Yahoo.com. Participants can choose which drawings they enter. In addition to the next-generation game console, winners will also get to select a free video game--either "Madden NFL 06" or "Need for Speed Most Wanted." The estimated value of the prizes is $580.

Microsoft will ship the consoles overnight to winners on the Saturday before the retail release date of the new product, according to a list of frequently asked questions on Yahoo. Microsoft has not disclosed the release date yet, but expects them to go on sale in stores before the end of the year.

One of the most anticipated features of the Xbox 360, which Microsoft has been developing for more than three years, is the ability to display games in high-definition when used with HDTVs. The game console can also link to the Web, allowing players to purchase and download game trailers, new game levels, weapons and vehicles for their games online. The machine also features a wireless controller and a 20GB hard drive for storing games and music.

Microsoft is in a race to beat Sony and Nintendo, which are also coming out with next-generation game consoles.

(and this is my 4th time to post it somewhere, so the news will be spreading quick)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Drink a soda, win an Xbox 360

"do the Dew"

I live off the stuff anyway, maybe my chances are good.

Comment

Why am I reminded of that Daria episode where Principal Li signs a contract with a soda company to ultra-promote Ultra Cola at Lawndale High?

Comment

Heh, I just entered that 5 minutes ago...my friend sent me an e-mail about it. Time to start drinking Mountain Dew again!
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

No wonder why I can't sleep at night...
          It's that darn Mountain Dew

Comment

I remember when the Sony Playstation first hit the retail shelves for a whopping $300 (PS1) and there was this frenzy to be the first to get one on your block.

I used to have that gotta have it before everyone else mentality and was willing to pay the highest price for it! Then within a year of it's debut, it could be had for half the price with more features!

I also remember a time when it came to software that you never buy the beta version because it's cheaper for a design team to put an inferior product out with many bugs and let the consumer find them and report ways to fix them from the geeks that hack into them. It's way cheaper and you let the inaugural fools that paid premium prices for these units to pay for the fixes for the rest of us akamai consumers willing to wait it out for cheaper prices and the upgrades.

Hi Def or not, the price isn't worth it. By Christmas the bugs will be worked out and the prices could come down to be attractive enough for a good December sales projection. I'll wait.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Buddy...I am there with the Sierra Mist!!!

Comment

Someone already won!
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

someone won a round box of kleenex? huh?

Comment

Wow, I just happened to look at the 10/30 winner's board and I see that someone from Honolulu and another from Wailuku have actually won. This is the first time while checking the board that I've seen winners from Hawaii. So lucky. All my caps are entered for the final drawings on 10/31...I hope I'm a lucky person...
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Interesting fact: sodas are the single highest source of calories in the American diet.

Comment

Working...
                      X