Pacific Biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Biodiesel

Story about a little company on Maui that's making a dent in the high cost of fuel for some drivers in Hawai'i, and making the car emissions smell far more tasty!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Pacific Biodiesel

You are on to something here, Miulang. I'm a big proponent of this stuff. Biodiesel stands a chance of making Hawaii (and the US for that matter) far less dependent on foreign oil sources. It burns way clean and works well in any diesel engine. Manufacturers say it reduces wear and tear on diesel engines, prolonging life and reducing the frequency of oil changes. They've been using it in Europe for years. There, and on the mainland, they make it out of what's called rapeseed oil. (Sounds bad, but I think it's in the mustard family) In Colorado, there's a company using soy oil. In Hawaii, Pacific Biodiesel uses spent frying oil. It helps keeps that stuff out of the land fill, burns clean in cars and trucks and will, if things keep going the way they are, soon cost less than regular gas. Plus, it smell like french fries. What could be bad about that?

Comment

Originally posted by toeknee
      They've been using it in Europe for years. There, and on the mainland, they make it out of what's called rapeseed oil. (Sounds bad, but I think it's in the mustard family)
      Rapeseed oil is probably in a lot of food you eat every day. The name was a problem, so they renamed it... canola oil!

Comment

Cool! Thank's Glen. Canola makes good chicken wings in the frydaddy.
        What I don't quite understand is why our illustrious national leaders aren't jumping all over biodiesel and subsidizing it with the same zeal they do fossil fuels? Oh wait. I think I know. They're all oil men. And I don't mean canola oil men.

Comment

I have a friend who puts used oil right into her old mercedes deisel. When she drives buy, it smells like popcorn. It is a GREAT IDEA. You can produce it on your own for $.25 to $.60 (cents) a gallon. Go get a Mother Earth News Mag. and research.

Aloha

Comment

Working...
          X