"The Blond Belt" - ND,SD,MN,WI,MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Blond Belt" - ND,SD,MN,WI,MI

Someone on the board mentioned "The BLOND Belt" of the mainland!! I forgot who that was.. but absolutely loved it! Should be part of the national terminology for the region!

I grew up in Michigan.. most caucasians there had blond hair.. when I later moved to Minnesota.. even MORE blond-haired people! Definetely not like that in most other regions of the US where I lived (including NY, CA, etc.)!

Anyhow.. living in Korea.. and sometimes people ask me where I'm originally from.. I still say originally Michigan.. but now I add its part of "the Blond Belt".. and explain about it.. haha.. people love that!

Funny.. who brought that up the board originally? I love it.

Re: "The Blond Belt" - ND,SD,MN,WI,MI

Um, I dunno if I would be so quick to tout that I was from the "Blond Belt", given the proclivity of some Americans to pick on the foibles of females of the species who sport that color of hair...(or maybe it's just the ones who come from California who have that reputation)

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: "The Blond Belt" - ND,SD,MN,WI,MI

Heh. When I was in California I used to call 'em cornstalks -- six feet tall and yellow on top.

Comment

Working...
      X