E. coli in Hawai'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. coli in Hawai'i

There has been an outbreak of E.coli in Hawai'i and public health officials are sending out information on how to protect yourself and your families from this debilitating and sometimes fatal infection. Particularly susceptible are young children and older people with compromised immune systems.

With fruits and veggies, if you buy any that are from a foreign country (Mexico in particular), make sure you scrub them thoroughly. Outbreaks of e.coli up here have been linked to green onions and strawberries grown in Mexico, where health standards are not quite as good as ours.

If you have a food processor, buy a whole piece of steak and chop it up to make your hamburgers. It'll taste 1000% better than prepackaged hamburger meat, and you can control the amount of fat in your burgers. Whole pieces of steak are less likely to harbor e.coli than chopped meat.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain
Working...
X