• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Movie Favorites

did you sit thru the original
    exorcist?

Re: The Cave

yeppers,the version with the added cuts is cool too.I like the extra scene when the girl crawls behind the mom flipped over on her back like a spider,very creapy.The Shinning is one of my all time faves.You have a favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
      yeppers,the version with the added cuts is cool too.I like the extra scene when the girl crawls behind the mom flipped over on her back like a spider,very creapy.
      sheet! I got that version too.
      fahkin great scene! She spidercrawls upside down, deftly and swiftly as if (duh) posessed... camera follows her (as if you are there) down the staircase ooooozing blood from her mouth.
      then turns rightside up while crawling down the staircase, then pauses.
      c/u on her face while she looks off almost blankly with evil intent only god knows what she is thinkin, and her looonnng pointed tongue flicks and lashes out a few times.
      very cool.
      The Shinning is one of my all time faves.
      that's the one where this lil evil lookin nasty dwarf runs around whakkin' people on the shins, eh?
      you have a favorite?
      well as i have seen the orig exorcist about a dozen times at least, it's gotta be my favorite horror film.
      But ya know
      the genre could be split up into many classifications.
      Intelligent suspense horror,
      slasher horror,
      cheap quick buck horror,
      top drawer big budget star power horror...
      ols skool horror vs. newer stuff.
      etc..

http://www.thepocket.com/wavs/beetlejuice1.mp3

Comment

and now children, for your listening pleasure, we take you on a visit with regan who would like to say a few words.
        So turn off your lights.
        gaze into a mirror for a while.
        then play this sound file.

http://www.the-exorcist.co.uk/sounds...ckwardtape.wav

Comment

Re: Horror Movie Favorites

I saw The Exorcist when it first came out and it still spooks me out.
          Another movie that still gives me the creeps is Ring. Ugghhh.

Comment

I loved The Omen....the Children of the Corn....also The Birds. Nowdays the movies are not so scary because PG-13 allows more "children" into so-called "horror" films. The Ring could have been better if they took the chance and gave it an R rating. Ringu the film in which the Ring is based is scarier because of it's R rating.
            6 6
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Two very nicely done ones were "The Missing" <---scary indian shamen "Underworld" <---about a war between vampires and werewolves that had action,romance and a smooth believable plot given the chalenging theme

Comment

I am not much into the horror movie genre. While I know of the classics, like Dracula, Frankstein, Wolfman and The Mummy, I never saw them, maybe one of these days.

The ones I have seen, are Alien, The Shinning, The Thing (John Carpenter's version), one of the Hellraisers movies, and The Birds. There might be others that I seen but right now I can't remember them.
                Last edited by helen; September 1, 2005, 08:49 PM. Reason: bolding the titles

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraScoop
                  Another movie that still gives me the creeps is Ring. Ugghhh.
                  The original Japanese film or the American remake? This is probably heresy among film geeks, but I actually found both to be worthwhile efforts.

I actually saw The Shining much later than I should have, and by the time I did take it in, I'd seen so many references and tributes to it (and parodies of it) elsewhere in pop culture that much of the impact was gone. When the original movie came out, it was incredible, no doubt. For most today, though, it's cliche.

A movie that creeped me out severely as a young man was "Something Wicked This Way Comes." I have no idea if it was really scary, or if I was just in an impressionable state at the time, though.

Comment

Two very nicely done ones were "The Missing" <---scary indian shamen "Underworld" <---about a war between vampires and werewolves that had action,romance and a smooth believable plot given the chalenging theme
                    I forgot about Underworld. And two more from the 1970's The Manitou and The Medusa Touch, of course that movie is classified as a thriller.

Comment

seen the amarican ring in the theater and walked out severely creeped out,it's great when your still feelin funny outside walking to your car.good flick
                      oh oh guys you gotta see "The Eye" I think it's korean it has great suttle creepyness and man when the ghost make an apearance it's soooo scary,and not the jump out kind but the slow kinda creep you out and hold you there awhile kind

Comment

hey fondoo. watched the eye (i think) at the hon film festival and loved it! great fun. but underworld? i always thought of it as just an action movie even though it has creatures. anyway, i like that movie too. kate beckinsale did a pretty good job.

not too spooky but very funny was an american werewolf in london!

quotes that come to mind:

jack: stick to the road.
                        david: beware of the moors.
                        jack: ooops!

little boy: a naked american man stole my balloons!
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'm not too crazy about the newer horror flicks but of the oldies that I have enjoyed in the past:

* Psycho (1960) - effective use of chocolate.

* The Haunting (1963)

* Christine (1983)

* Alien (1979)

* Carrie (1976)
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Comedy and horror in one movie, that for me would be The Lost Boys. Never saw it in the theater, saw it on cable and I got the videos for it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                              Comedy and horror in one movie, that for me would be The Lost Boys. Never saw it in the theater, saw it on cable and I got the videos for it.
                              Don't forget the Evil Dead Trilogy....Funny and scary!
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X