Aloha and a RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha and a RANT

Aloha to everyone on the Threads..visited a lot, but I just joined!
    Hau`oli to be here.
    Had to let all of you peeps know about this new product name:
    Go to www.coconutbeauty.com
    then scroll down till you see "September Specials" on the right. Read what's
    underneath.Does your hair stand on end? Are you looking for a HUGE slipper??
    I wrote this wahine when she first mentioned this product name, and told her nicely th at probably Hawaiian people might take offense to it...but she never replied, and now here it is, in black and white, on her site!!

OOPS!! Wrong URL!

Sorry~ This is the right URL:
    www.coconuthutbeauty.com

Comment

Re: Aloha and a RANT

Welcome to the 'Threads, NH Aunty...

I don't see anything at that domain, just a placeholder for the registrar. Care to enlighten us?

Comment

The website is showing a parked domain holder now. What was it that you found offensive?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Is it because one of the products is called "Big Kahuna Body Butter"? Aunty, you should talk to our friend Kimo55, you'd get along.

Comment

Must be the name of the body butter "Big Kahuna" that's the cause of offense.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Ah. Gotcha.

See past spats over the use of the term 'kahuna' in a commercial venture (there are links in that thread to other imbroglio, like the Dodge concept car, and a laundry list of other places where 'kahuna' has been adopted by non-Hawaiians).

I'm not outraged, but other responses will clearly vary! I don't think this thread will have a much better end than the last, but I'll bet The Coconut Hut will appreciate the added exposure.

Oddly enough, when casting about trying to find the correct site, I found Big Kahuna Native Naturals, where it's not just a product, it's the whole business! Area code 435... isn't that in Utah?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                I don't think this thread will have a much better end than the last,

it's not so much that, and not so much that the offender receives publicity, as much as any degree of exposure on this hopefully helps educate, enlighten and advance people toward a more respectful understanding of these... well, intellectual and cultural property rights...

Comment

Working...
                X