Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Ewa area?

Hi again,

I'm wondering if you guys an tell me what you think of Ewa Beach and its surrounding areas. I am considering a rental there but am not sure how practical it'll be to live out there without a car. I'm going to work in Honolulu, so is this even feasible? According to bus schedules it would take me over an hour, one-way, to get over there every day-- even though it's only 20 miles or so!

So what do you guys think of the commute, do you know people who've lived there, what it's like etc.

Mahalo

Re: Opinions on Ewa area?

What you've researched about the commute is completely true. While it's a nice area to live, it's OUT THERE!!! If you don't have a car, I'd probably recommend living elsewhere, some place closer to Honolulu or better yet, in Honolulu itself. However, if you don't mind the long travel time, Ewa area is a nice place to live. (That bus 1-hr hour travel time will probably be extended if you are traveling during rush hour times, btw...)

G/l with your move.

Comment

not only is it remote, it really is getting to be the wild west. Many live there and are happy to call it home, but increasingly, I am hesitant to make the trek as i would often back in the day. Too often we see wrong way drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists run right over, bad drivers making it up as they go, people driving on the sidewalk... it's what i call the ice capades and more and more it ain't worth it.

Comment

It's hot and dry and dusty. I prefer living in town, where the hot dust is rained on every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          It's hot and dry and dusty. I prefer living in town, where the hot dust is rained on every now and then.
          Eva Beach is decent, and I have a friend who hales from there, so I'm not saying this malicously, but I've always thought to myself, especially around 2-3 in the afternoon, that Ft. Weaver Road is my pick as the hottest stretch of pavement to be stuck on in Honolulu metro area. On clear days, the sun is unrelenting...O'ahu's version, to me, of an example of "Lahaina" .

Comment

Working...
          X