UH vs USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs USC

CNN Sports predicts that USC will beat us by a score of 70-7.
    Comments?

Oh, and you folks on the mainland can watch the massacre on ESPN.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: UH vs USC

Originally posted by LikaNui
    CNN Sports predicts that USC will beat us by a score of 70-7.
    Comments?
    Remember BYU!

Comment

USC is no BYU, that's for damn sure...

Comment

One thing I noticed is that the hardcore UH fans are not as cocky and unrealistic as they/we were pre-game two years ago. The score predictions on the radio and the UH sportsboards were laughable. The Hawaii contingent yelling "OVER-RATED!" (in SC's house!) was embarassing too... probably more proof that they should ban alcohol at UH games lol.

Anyway, I'll be there supporting our guys. I just hope we can keep it respectable.

Comment

Well, H-1 eastbound before the Aloha Stadium exit is a parking lot, with all seven lanes (including the overflow "shoulder" lane) packed. Guess we're turning out in force to support our team. I just hope, like the rest of you, that we're good sports either way.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Well, H-1 eastbound before the Aloha Stadium exit is a parking lot, with all seven lanes (including the overflow "shoulder" lane) packed. Guess we're turning out in force to support our team. I just hope, like the rest of you, that we're good sports either way.
            Are you serious? What time do the gates open? Man I was thinking of leaving around 10:30 to get to my cousin's house up in Aiea Heights. The girls were gonna drive us down to where we can cross the bridge over the freeway. But then again I'm catching the H3... hopefully it's not as bad as that.

Comment

Lot of factors, lots of unknowns.

New offensive coordinator for USC. Can they adjust during the game using Norm Chow's offense?

New offensive skill position players for UH (QB, RB, and Receivers)

New Defensive Coordinator for UH, may bolster down the Defense (hopefully better than last year).

Bottomline is that USC has talent, UH's talent cannot compete with USC. I believe UH plays with heart, though.

Hopefully, UH can stay within the point spread.
              Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

The game will be shown locally today on ESPN 2 cable.

Also on radio at 1420 AM as all UH games usually are.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It's 21-3 in the third. Um... maybe we'll at least beat the spread?

Comment

D'oh! 63-17, with an easy one given up by UH in the last couple of minutes.

It wasn't 70-7, but... ow.

As the announcers charitably said, "Something to build on for next week..."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      D'oh! 63-17, with an easy one given up by UH in the last couple of minutes.
                      It wasn't 70-7, but... ow.
                      However, remember the interception by the Warriors in the Trojans end zone that should've been overturned because it was obviously pass interference? If not for that, the final would've been 70-17. Those CNN Sports guys almost got it right on the money with their 70-7 guess!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Maybe the Warriors could take a page out of the Ivy League playbook: no one loses, it's just that the team with the lesser score declares a "moral victory" for even managing to show up to play.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          Maybe the Warriors could take a page out of the Ivy League playbook: no one loses, it's just that the team with the lesser score declares a "moral victory" for even managing to show up to play.
                          We live in such a pathetic politically correct world. The obvious thing is that 50,000 spectators at Aloha Stadium saw and thousands of TV viewers saw was that the University of Hawaii did indeed lose the game. The hard numbers say it all. Sure the Warriors looked pretty good in the first quarter but by the time the third quarter came around, they definitely fell apart. Definitely outclassed by a somewhat rusty #1 USC Trojan team.

In the world and in life there are definite winners and losers. Ask that baseball team that lost to Hawaii in last week's Little League World Series. Their faces said it all.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Er, mel? You might have missed that smiley. This is college sports, after all, not a preschool game of tic tac toe. 'Tis just the joking of a wounded UH fan, I'm sure, not the lamentation of an earthy crunchy tree-hugging communist liberal. (Er, actually...)

Yeah, Hawaii lost. The Warriors had their hindquarters handed to them on a crimson and gold platter. But again, in the fun math of sports, I'm sure UH fans are finding some solace that we didn't do as badly as we could have. The number crunchers predicted a huge blowout. USC won a... large blow out. So, that's something.

Note, again, smiley.

Comment

The trouble I see in sports these days, people always seem to have to spin a loss into some kind of moral victory. It may be, but the hard numbers say it all. What gets me upset is this kind of mentality is taught to youngsters these days to a point where they make them feel guilty to blow out an opposing team and actually stop games when the score becomes lopsided. "We don't want to hurt the other guys feelings..."

Never happened in the olden days when traditional lessons of win vs. loss were taught.

While some people want to live in denial of actual wins or losses, they nevertheless exist. In sports. In politics. In life.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X