Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Artist Bakes Edible 'Body Parts'

Thai Artist Bakes Edible 'Body Parts'
    POTHARAM, Thailand - Inside a dark room, realistic-looking "human body parts" are stacked on shelves and hanging on meat hooks. The place looks like a mortuary or the lair of a serial killer, but in fact, it's a bakery. What appears to be putrefying body parts are the bread sculptures of 28-year-old art student Kittiwat Unarrom.

"Of course, people were shocked and thought that I was mad when they saw the works. But once they knew the idea behind it, they understood and became interested in the work itself, instead of thinking that I am crazy," said the fine arts masters degree student.
    Last edited by admin; September 4, 2005, 06:19 PM. Reason: Removed full article. Again. Removed linked images.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Thai Artist Bakes Edible 'Body Parts'

heh. This brings to mind a bakery ("The Erotic Bakery") we have in town that makes anatomically correct birthday cakes. Talk about tasty bits! And no, I have never bought an anatomically correct birthday cake. But I have sculpted portrait cakes in the past.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

how to taper into it for all you cannibal wannabees...

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        heh. This brings to mind a bakery ("The Erotic Bakery") we have in town that makes anatomically correct birthday cakes. Talk about tasty bits!
        cream pie!

Comment

Here's a site for 'body part' jello molds:

http://www.yankeehalloween.com/qwiggle.html

Comment

that reminds me of the creepy crawlers making kit I had back small keed time kailua in da 60's. useta melt chocolate and pour in da molds. Made candy spiders, shrunken head, cockaroaches... ho da good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              that reminds me of the creepy crawlers making kit I had back small keed time kailua in da 60's. useta melt chocolate and pour in da molds. Made candy spiders, shrunken head, cockaroaches... ho da good fun.
              I had one of those too! Came with stuff that was like gummi bears after it was cooked so you could do colored candy things too.

Comment

A reminder to doc1456 (whose posts I routinely have to correct) and everyone else: Please do not post articles from other websites in full on HawaiiThreads.com. At most, include a paragraph or to, but then include a link to the original article. Cutting-and-pasting is a violation of copyright. Other communities might let this sort of stuff slide, but I don't want to see it here.

Also, if you didn't take the photos, don't insert them or attach them to your messages. This is an even more blatant form of theft, and if you're linking to images on the originating site, you're also engaging in bandwidth theft.

For repeat offenders, I'm going have to just start deleting posts/threads, as it's too much effort to have to individually fix and find links for you.

Comment

Working...
                X