What food would you never eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What food would you never eat?

Either its related to allergy, or you just plain hate it, what food would you never eat?

I, myself would never eat seafood that's still in their body form (as long as I can recognize a part, I move away from it). But for some reason, I'll eat fish sticks/fillets, and the definate ones I'll never be within 10 ft of is crustatians (you know, crab, shrimp, lobster, etc). Ever since I smelt the fresh ones (and sometimes the cooked ones) I hated that smell. Heck, its even to the point that is some kind of phobia to me. (my Mom used to hang the crab shell on the fence and I'd never go on that part of the house until someone took it down, but that's another post.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What food would you never eat?

liver

tongue.
    (a cow's)

brains.
    (again)

tube steak.
    (how big is it!?)

salted nut roll
    (hey lil girl, how about a...)
    (mst3K)

grubs

god
    I mean dog

Comment

head cheese. Don't understand it.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

ok, then, I won't understand it.

Comment

I try to avoid curry.

Comment

Liver and bagaong.

Comment

Anything served out of the kitchen at Karaoke Hut...

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                I try to avoid curry.

I love curry, Helen! Tell why you don't eat it! (I hope I still love the world's curries after I read your explanation!) I enjoy Thai and Indian curries, I had some Ethiopian curries, but I feel all of them are fantastic, except for Japanese curry, which has way too much cornstach!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Soylent Green. I hope.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                    I enjoy Thai and Indian curries, I had some Ethiopian curries, but I feel all of them are fantastic, except for Japanese curry, which has way too much cornstach!
                    You know why Japanese curry is the way it is? It's because they didn't learn about curry from the Indians -- what they learned about was the British Navy's version of Indian curry.

Comment

MSG

I am allergic to it and suffer for about three days if I accidently eat it.

Would not even taste dog, cat or rat.

Da Duck

Comment

No WAY would I eat that half-formed duck fetus thing the Filipinos eat, whatever that's called (starts with a "b"?). Eeew!

I wouldn't knowingly eat a dog, a cat or a Turquoise Duck.

I don't understand the appeal of mochi.

Comment

I think I ate cat or dog once:

years ago, went for dinner at some good freinds house. They are vietnamese. really sweet people and such hospitality. This was in L.A.

Going midway thru dinner, I see the meat had these tiny bones. I coudn't do it. I felt badly begging off from much of dinner, but i swear; most of it probably bow wow-ed or meow-ed eight hours earlier.

Subsisted mostly on bread that evening.

Comment

About the only food I would never try to eat at least once is one that I knew for sure would kill me (either through toxicity or allergy). I like sampling ethnic cuisine and testing ethnic recipes at home. I make a mean doro wat (Ethiopian chicken stew) and feijoada (Brazilian black beans and smoked meat stew) from scratch.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I will eat just about anything...at least once. In a perfect world i would be a vegetarian, but I do not have the will power, but I do eat a lot of tofu. The one thing I do NOT drink tho, is pop..or "soda" as you say in the US. I simply NEVER drink it.
                              Curry, by the way, has many anticarcinogenic properties.

Claudia

Comment

Working...
                              X