Kingdom of Hawaii flags for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdom of Hawaii flags for sale

If anyone's interested, the Kingdom of Hawai'i has flags for sale for $30. Send a check or money order to Akahiwahine Kaulana at Kingdom of Hawai'i, P.O. Box 2845, Moku aina O Wailuku, Mokupuni O Maui, Ke Aupuni O Hawai'i.

This flag is not the State flag and it's not the flag that many have seen which has the yellow and green and the kahili in the middle. This one has red, white and blue stripes with a coat of arms designed by Akahi nui Haalilo.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Kingdom of Hawaii flags for sale

Originally posted by Miulang
    If anyone's interested, the Kingdom of Hawai'i has flags for sale for $30. Send a check or money order to Akahiwahine Kaulana at Kingdom of Hawai'i, P.O. Box 2845, Moku aina O Wailuku, Mokupuni O Maui, Ke Aupuni O Hawai'i.
    No ZIP code included with the address... unless the kingdom has its own post office, you still need the ZIP code. Strike one.

Spent way more time than I should have on the site, trying to find the same address that was listed here. I couldn't. Strike two.

Then I finally find the link to buy flags all the way at the bottom of the page. When I click it, I get this message:

"Paypal link went bust, sorry we no longer have that service, don't know when it will be fixed as it was set up for us by a third party whom i've not heard from for a while, sorry, the Beautiful flags are still for sale."

Below that, it says the page was updated in September of 2003. Strike three.
    Last edited by Palolo Joe; September 7, 2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

The webpage also has a $40 + S & H price for the flags.

http://www.freehawaii.org/sales.html
      Last edited by mel; September 7, 2005, 08:49 PM.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Okay, I'm obviously WAAAAAAAAY behind the times here. Until this thread, I'd never heard of the '98 coronation of a new King of Hawai`i.

??? Utterly confused.
        ~'Ailina

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
          No ZIP code included with the address... unless the kingdom has its own post office, you still need the ZIP code. Strike one.
          I have a funny feeling the U.S. Postal Service finds it easier to simply deliver mail addressed that way than get into an argument with Bumpy's team.

Yeah, the website doesn't inspire much confidence. I'm sure more than a few organizations can identify with the "our webmaster has gone AWOL" situation, though. Heck, I've stranded more than my share!

I'm guessing these flags are specific to Bumpy's compound, but I'm not sure. Do any other Hawaiian independence groups use it? Or are there competing flag designs out there?

Comment

The zipcode is 96793 for Wailuku. I got the mailing address and correct pricing because I contacted Akahi Wahine Kaulana via email (which if you looked hard enough on that broken merchandise page, you would have seen the link to email her). Anything addressed to the Kingdom of Hawai'i, even without the zip, will get to them because the address is a PO box at the Wailuku Post Office.

This is not a slick organization. They are just a very small kanaka maoli organization that is trying to raise awareness of the sovereignty movement. And I'm not sure what (if any) affiliation Bumpy has with this organization because it's based in Waihee (on the Hawaiian homestead land there). That's part of the conundrum that is the sovereignty movement: I doubt there is one unified voice speaking for all kanaka maoli, but I do know Akahi Nui is recognized by the UN, so my guess is he's a pretty good representative.

If you want to ask Kaulana questions, you can email her directly at akahiwahin@aol.com, which is what I did.

"Aloha and Mahalo Miulang;

Yes it is $25.00 + $5.00 postage and shipping $30.00 per flag

Mahalo Nui Loa;

Kaulana
            ================================
            "...Mahalo Miulang;

Kingdom of Hawai i
            Poste Box 2845
            Moku aina O Wailuku, Mokupuni O Maui, Ke Aupuni O Hawai i

You make it payable to: Kingdom of Hawai i Nation

Kaulana
            ==================================
            Kaulana sent me the flag even before she received my payment, which is unusual. The envelope she sent the flag in had the following stamps on it: Duke Kahanamoku and 3 of the stamps in the Hawaiian reef fish collection. In the package, I got the flag, 3 postcards describing Akahi Nui, the history of the new Kingdom of Hawai'i flag, "Kingdom of Hawai'i: A Nation on the Rise!" bumper stickers and a postcard describing the crest of the Kingdom that reads
            "The Kingdom of Hawai'i, Moku Aupuni"
            The Kingdom of Hawai'i rests upon the shoulders of Akahi Nui
            The Anuenue signifies "Umi-a-Liloa", the son of Liloa (k) and Akahi-a-kuleana (w)
            25 in hawaiian numerology equals 7 signifies "The Eyes of Akua"
            The island in the background is the vision of "The new birth of an island"
            The two kahili's signifies "100 Royalty of the Blue Blood Lineage"
            The island with the nine kalo leaves signifies "Life to the Islands"
            The Pueo signifies "Akahi Nui's Wisdom" which comes at night
            The Honu 'ea signifies "The Unity of All the Islands"
            The yellow ribbon signifies "The Arms and the Shoulders of Akahi Nui" who holds the Kingdom of Hawai'i and the burdens upon his shoulders
            Black is the past
            Red is the bloodshed
            Yellow is the light of "The New Beginning"
            Last edited by Miulang; September 8, 2005, 06:18 AM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Yes it is $25.00 + $5.00 postage and shipping $30.00 per flag
              Not according to their order page at the horrible website. Says $40 + S & H. Look at the top left hand corner of this page: http://www.freehawaii.org/sales.html

You need some truth in advertising either here or there. No wonder there will never be any independence for Hawaii. No one can even get something simple as a price straight.

I would never trust ANY of these fringe radical groups to lead Hawaii. A good reason to stick with the good ol' U.S.A.

God Bless America!!!!!!
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                Not according to their order page at the horrible website. Says $40 + S & H. Look at the top left hand corner of this page: http://www.freehawaii.org/sales.html

You need some truth in advertising either here or there. No wonder there will never be any independence for Hawaii. No one can even get something simple as a price straight.
                I know. That's why I wrote to Akahi Nui and told her they at least have to get the pricing correct and revise that page or nobody will take them seriously. We'll just have to wait and see what they do, I guess.

Miulang

Comment

(which if you looked hard enough on that broken merchandise page, you would have seen the link to email her)
                  Hey, I'm not the one who thought it would be cool to post a thread about those flags. I saw the admin e-mail address on the page (which is different from the AOL one you went on to list here), but why should I waste my time sending a message?

My advice is to be wary about sending money to a random address and just trusting that someone will send you a flag in return. Too easy to get burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                    Hey, I'm not the one who thought it would be cool to post a thread about those flags. I saw the admin e-mail address on the page (which is different from the AOL one you went on to list here), but why should I waste my time sending a message?

My advice is to be wary about sending money to a random address and just trusting that someone will send you a flag in return. Too easy to get burned.
                    To each his own. Kaulana sent me the flag before she received my payment. That is my own personal experience.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                    X