Caricature Artist Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caricature Artist Needed

I know these people are around, but I'm having difficulty tracking them down. Does anyone know a good caricature artist, or at least remember who threw the party you went to where there was a caricature artist? He or she doesn't have to be fast, but the person we've got tends to make the Asians look too Caucasian, so we're shopping around for other options. Thanks for any help you can give.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Caricature Artist Needed

Originally posted by scrivener
    I know these people are around, but I'm having difficulty tracking them down. Does anyone know a good caricature artist, or at least remember who threw the party you went to where there was a caricature artist? He or she doesn't have to be fast, but the person we've got tends to make the Asians look too Caucasian, so we're shopping around for other options. Thanks for any help you can give.
    ok.

go to kaponos tonite,

there is one o doze there cuz henry nites. ask him or in the remote chance he no steh, ask who da guy.
    he good.
    barring that, go kalakua ave.
    get one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      go to kaponos tonite, there is one o doze there
      Exactly the guy I was gonna suggest, Kimo. He's an old friend of Henry Kapono's and he's really good. And fast. And, well, I don't wanna use the word "cheap" so let's say the cost is very reasonable.
      I'm sure if you call the Kapono's office (536-2100), Henry or Lezlie (or whoever answers) can give the guy's name and number.
      Last edited by LikaNui; September 9, 2005, 03:51 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

His name is John Isara. His kiosk ia at the Royal Hawaiian SC Where the stage is at. I don't know if he still there because of the renovations. If you e mail me I can give you his cell number.

Comment

There is another guy and that would be me. Jon is a great guy and is still around. Our works are totally different. Most of my work has been word of mouth. i just happened to run into this thread and thought you might check me out as well. Feel free to contact me for caricature work or if you have any questions. I am also an accomplished airbrush artist.

Mahalo,
          Michael
          Aka
          Habu
          http://www.freewebs.com/ibdhabu/caricatures.htm

Comment

Thanks Michael for the info. As you already know, I did contact you and you did lovely work on our senior class! I also appreciate that you were willing to show us how you use PhotoShop to color your work -- we are going to need further instruction this year, as we did passable work last year, but nowhere near as good as is fitting the excellent source material.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ah, yes that's right. Great to hear from you once again. Just moved to Ewa Beach and concentrating more on the caricature side of my business. Getting tired of airbrushing. Might start teaching that soon.
              Aloha,
              Michael

Comment

Looking too caucasian....too funny....while the bleaching fad rages in Japan...my favorite is the bleach blond hair look

"Hey, maybe she's a natural blond"
                "Cool, wonder why she dyed her roots black?"

Hawaii Threads....a never ending source of contemplation
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                  His name is John Isara. His kiosk ia at the Royal Hawaiian SC Where the stage is at. I don't know if he still there because of the renovations. If you e mail me I can give you his cell number.
                  Yes, I second John. We hired him for my kid's first birthday party. He drew everyone at our party, and after a while, the chefs and the waiters at the Chinese restaurant were busted getting their caricatures done, too!

Blaine
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X