Aloha Festivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha Festivals

It used to be "Aloha Week" and it only lasted for a week, one on each island. Now the entire thing lasts for a whole month, usually all the way through September (this month). This marks the 53rd year of the event, and it seems to grow larger and larger. I think it is larger than the King Kamehameha Day celebration for sure.... at least for the parades.

Anyway, this is the thread to discuss Aloha Festivals including the various events such as the Ho'olaule'a and the Parades.

A complete schedule of events is listed at the Aloha Festivals website:

http://alohafestivals.com/

Is the Aloha Festivals good for island culture, the economy or whatever? I'm sure it is at least good fun for attendance at the events.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Aloha Festivals

Anyone go to the block party in Waikiki last night?

Comment

All I gotta' say is AUNTY GENOA KEAWE!

Brah, talk about CHICKEN SKIN!

She had the crowd captured with her old school charm, like only a kupuna could. And her falsetto vocal chords couldn't have sounded better!

The video montage of old Hawaii in the background really enhanced the performance.

I hate to admit it, but she had me shedding a few tears. It was almost like Braddah Iz' performance at the Hoku's. Real tear-jerker.

Her signature "Alika" song at the end was absolutely beautiful.

She performed at the KINE/Hawaiian Air stage in front of the Waikiki Beach Marriot.

I hope someone's got it on video tape.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        All I gotta' say is AUNTY GENOA KEAWE!

Her signature "Alika" song at the end was absolutely beautiful.
        And that concludes the gorgeous version of Hawai'is Emergency Broadcast system.

pax

Comment

Working...
        X