Breastfeeding Challenge Oct 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding Challenge Oct 1

Nursing mothers and their families are encouraged to attend the 3rd annual Hawaii Breastfeeding Challenge. The Challenge is a celebration in support of breastfeeding, and features free live entertainment, rereshments, and door prizes.

The event takes place from 10am to noon on Saturday October 1 on the State Capitol lawn (ewa side). Please bring a blanket or beach chair to sit on.

Click here to download the event flyer.

To register, go to http://www.hawaiimoms.org/register.php or call 947-6920. All participants who register by Sept 29 will get a free T-shirt.

We're also looking for donations (tax deductible through MothersCare) so if you or your company can donate something for a door prize we'd be grateful!

Re: Breastfeeding Challenge Oct 1

~ ~ Latch-on ~ ~
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wonder what the MILF quotient will be like...

Comment

What is a MILF?

Comment

don't even go there.

Comment

are spectators allowed?

Comment

I live a 15 min. walk from the State Capital. My daughter is deployed and I'm Antonio's grandmother...so no breast feeding for him. Still, I sure would like to attend the festivities and enjoy the entertainment, and let him play with other babies too! Could I still go without being part of the so called "Breastfeeding Challenge?" Then again, one look at me ...and they might do a double take cause he looks like me!

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2005, 04:26 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Langi
                What is a MILF?
                Clearly, Palolo Joe meant the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. Right, PJ?

Comment

Umm... yeah. Langi might want to still click that there link anyway...

Comment

What is a MILF?
                    Heh....go rent 'American Pie'

Comment

What is a MILF?

Hmmm Madonna would be a good example of a MILF. But then again she might beat me up...but then again I just MIGHT LIKE IT!!!

I'd love to participate in this challenge but I'm afraid the only boobs my wife will allow me to suckle on is...hmmm actually even that may not be an option for me now

MILF...Mothers I'd Love To (Make children with) yeah that's the ticket!! Make love not war, peace bro, here have a flower I'm a Hare Krishna and I love John Lennon...peace out!!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

What goes on in these here Breastfeeding Challenges?... if I may ask. Are cameras allowed?

Comment

Mothers and their babies meet in a designated area and at the appointed time, all the Moms started feeding their babies breast milk. Download the flyer in the first post.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                            Mothers and their babies meet in a designated area and at the appointed time, all the Moms started feeding their babies breast milk. Download the flyer in the first post.
                            I still don't get it. What's the challenge?

Comment

That I'm not so sure, probably to show other parents that breastfeeding is better than bottle feeding???? It sure is cheaper in the fact that you won't have to constantly buy baby formula.

It seems that baby formula is more expensive than gasoline. From this year old study:

Retail prices of infant formula vary widely by brand and by geographic area. For example, the average price of 26 ounces of reconstituted milk-based powder formula marketed by PBM Products in 2000 was $1.56 compared with $2.63 for the Ross brand. The average price of Mead Johnson's milk-based formula was less than $2 in Albany, NY, and greater than $3 in Chicago, IL.
                              This figure is about 0.203125 of a gallon. Ouch!

Summary page of this study:
                              http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications...-1/summary.htm

Complete report on retail price of infant formula:
                              http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/fanrr39-1/
                              Last edited by mel; September 13, 2005, 06:07 AM.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X