Aiea..Halawa Correctional Maximum Security Facility questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiea..Halawa Correctional Maximum Security Facility questions

i was looking at the HI DPS site and saw all the jobs for RN's in correctional health-my first love-prior to me being an ER nurse as i am right now, for the Army, i worked as a charge nurse at a large Texas mens prison, and then here in Georgia at the Penitentiary, and other maximum security prisons, as charge nurse.
    I would LOVE to work at Halawa and am going to apply. But i see it is in Aiea. I am not familiar with Oahu, i just know Kauai.
    Can anyone tell me what the area is like? what is Aiea like? know anything about Halawa?
    what better than to live in the same state as my ohana and have my dream job as a nurse!

the only drawback is that i would be on the wrong island, i would have to fly to Kauai to visit on my days off.

i will apply to Kauai Correctional Facility too.......but Halawa really interest me because it is a large prison, not a small jail.
    Last edited by kauaitita; September 9, 2005, 11:16 PM.

Re: Aiea..Halawa Correctional Maximum Security Facility questions

I know we have Halawa , OCCC and The Big Island Correctional Facility. Are you sure theres one on Kauai? Maybe, a county jail perhaps? I could be wrong. Aiea and Halawa is in nice neighborhoods. Near the Stadium and Pearl Ridge Shopping Centers. Country but City too. Half /Half.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

yes there is a Kauai Community Correctional Facility...it's in Wailua. i visit there often cuz my sister is a bailbondsman on Kauai. it's right across the highway from the golf course

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        I know we have Halawa , OCCC and The Big Island Correctional Facility. Are you sure theres one on Kauai? Maybe, a county jail perhaps? I could be wrong. Aiea and Halawa is in nice neighborhoods. Near the Stadium and Pearl Ridge Shopping Centers. Country but City too. Half /Half.

Auntie Lynn
        wow mahalo for the info. i wonder how hard it would be for me to find a rental in that area of Oahu, since i hear about people having to compete with 50 other renters etc............i mean, no good if i get hired at Halawa and then cant find a rental house/condo/apartment.
        on Kauai i will find it easier-being that my sister is there with her friends and colleagues and the "coconut wireless"...but on Oahu, i would be looking all on my own. she cant help me there.

Comment

Things might be a little easier if you're willing to live closer to work. Salt Lake is near Halawa, and I have friends that found a place to live within two weeks of focusing their search there and not in town.

You might also be able to find rentals in Aiea and Pearl City... don't get me wrong, you'll probably still need to be on-island before even starting to look, but there are places to be had.

If you want to come home, whether it be Kauai or Oahu, the harder thing is going to be getting on the plane and actually coming. Once you get here, hopefully you'll find that for some reason you just can't go back, and you'll do whatever's necessary to work things out and stay in Hawaii.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Things might be a little easier if you're willing to live closer to work. Salt Lake is near Halawa, and I have friends that found a place to live within two weeks of focusing their search there and not in town.

You might also be able to find rentals in Aiea and Pearl City... don't get me wrong, you'll probably still need to be on-island before even starting to look, but there are places to be had.

If you want to come home, whether it be Kauai or Oahu, the harder thing is going to be getting on the plane and actually coming. Once you get here, hopefully you'll find that for some reason you just can't go back, and you'll do whatever's necessary to work things out and stay in Hawaii.

Good luck!
            Mahalo-yes, the hard part is making all the arrangements for the move-my dogs getting their direct release requirements, shipping my truck, and stuff......once i get there, i am living there the rest of my life, because my sister will never leave-she's been there 18 years and never set foot back on the mainland. (she cant afford to either)...and neither will i. yes, i will make a decent living as an RN but not have expendable income like i have on the mainland, to travel. but thats ok, i have traveled around the world to every continent and seen it all. i will be content to be in Hawaii and stay put.

Comment

Working...
            X