Aloha from Aiea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Aiea

It's late, but I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I found this forum because I was trying to find info about the changes on the morning show for KUMU...but I will post my question in the appropriate place.

Glad the hot weather has subsided, but what's with all the wind?!
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Re: Aloha from Aiea

Howzit, TTT!

All this wind is nice for a change -- isn't it the regular tradewind? Better than all those hot still days.

Comment

Hi, Tip! Welcome to HT.

As for trying to keep cool, I find that ice cream helps.

I live out in the Wild West (west of Kapolei), and I don't know what I'd do without central a/c. It conked out for a few days last month, when it was in the 90s, and it was almost unbearable. Sure gets hot out this way.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        Sure gets hot out this way.
        She has that effect on a room.

TTT: Don't let the meanies scare you, if you run into any. What part of Aiea? My folks live in Royal Summit (which most Aieans don't consider Aiea), and my first paying job was at Aiea library when I was fifteen. I still consider it one of my 'hoods.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro

All this wind is nice for a change -- isn't it the regular tradewind? Better than all those hot still days.
          I suppose, but sometimes I feel like PoohBear caught in a blustery day...

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            As for trying to keep cool, I find that ice cream helps.

I live out in the Wild West (west of Kapolei), and I don't know what I'd do without central a/c. It conked out for a few days last month, when it was in the 90s, and it was almost unbearable. Sure gets hot out this way.
            Ice cream.........don't get me started! I love any with good texture...like Blue bunny nascar speedway, or Safeway's Football Frenzy....ones that have chocolate covered peanut butter yummies or swirls of crunchy stuff. Ahh.

As for a/c, I don't have any in my classroom, so it often looks like a tornado has blown through. Temp in my classroom one day was 90. At least it blows away the germs.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              What part of Aiea? My folks live in Royal Summit (which most Aieans don't consider Aiea), and my first paying job was at Aiea library when I was fifteen. I still consider it one of my 'hoods.
              Hmmm...not Royal Summit, and not Aiea Heights. I don't know why anyone would not consider Royal Summit Aiea. I think anything from the freeway overpass by the Sears Distribution Center and over is Pearl City, and everything before that is still Aiea. As for Aiea library, parking is terrible. I do like the fact that Aiea has become rather bustling. And Starbucks has livened up that corner in Aiea shopping center, though their regular coffee is comparable to battery acid.

Comment

...did you say "classroom?"
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  ...did you say "classroom?"
                  Yes.......................

Comment

Another Aiea-ite! PearlRidge here!
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      Another Aiea-ite! PearlRidge here!
                      Me too! Are you ever walking your dog in the area?

Comment

Our family long since migrated to the mainland a generation ago, but grandparents are still in Aiea. May I post to this forum too?

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
                          Me too! Are you ever walking your dog in the area?
                          No, but if you do, my dog has probably barked at you from the cover of our back yard.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                          X