Favorite Movie Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Quotes

I confess to stealing this thread idea from my wife, but... what are your favorite movie quotes? More importantly, do you have any favorites that aren't on the typical lists of all-time favorite quotes? A quirky line from a quirky film?

If you're a fan of a classic line, do tell! But if you've got one you think might stump the rest of us, why not post it and invite folks to guess? The more Google-proof the better, of course.

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

Originally posted by pzarquon
    I confess to stealing this thread idea from my wife, but... what are your favorite movie quotes? More importantly, do you have any favorites that aren't on the typical lists of all-time favorite quotes? A quirky line from a quirky film?

If you're a fan of a classic line, do tell! But if you've got one you think might stump the rest of us, why not post it and invite folks to guess? The more Google-proof the better, of course.
    Can you guess?

"BOB! IT'S TIME TO ENGAGE!"

I would love to be the woman who first said this line in cinema!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      A quirky line from a quirky film?
      Here is one that fits the bill:

leader: Where are we going?
      followers: Planet ten!
      leader: When?
      followers: Real soon!

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        Here is one that fits the bill:

leader: Where are we going?
        followers: Planet ten!
        leader: When?
        followers: Real soon!
        Buckaroo Banzai?

Comment

"We're out manned and we're out gunned but we will win. And, you want to know why? Superior attitude, superior state of mind."

There is the possiblity of free food for the person who guesses this one. Just be prepared to drive to Wahiawa.

Comment

Yep. That's one I knew, but I had to look up Lavagal's. It's a much more contemporary film than I thought, and the quote's not on its "memorable quotes" page. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
              "We're out manned and we're out gunned but we will win. And, you want to know why? Superior attitude, superior state of mind."

There is the possiblity of free food for the person who guesses this one. Just be prepared to drive to Wahiawa.
              Was that from "Hard to Kill"?
              Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

When Stephen King was writing the last page column in Entertainment Weekly (he still might be writing it; I just never get to read it anymore), he mentioned a few quotes he loved. This led to such an avalanche of mail that a later issue of the magazine was devoted to favorite movie quotes.

When I was a high-schooler in the 80s, the popular thing to do was to find unexpected ways of sneaking in quotes from The Breakfast Club, which in my opinion is the all-time greatest movie-quote movie ever -- yes, even greater than The Princess Bride.

So here are a few I love that usually escape Google. Do you know what movies these came from?
                1. "Can I come here again?"
                  "Yeah. I built this for you."

2. "Could you describe the ruckus?"

3. "Where are we?"
                  "In the parking lot of my church."
                  "You own a church?"

4. "This is true love. You think this happens every day?"
                Last edited by scrivener; September 13, 2005, 09:33 AM. Reason: "I knew it had to happen; felt the tables turning. Got me through my darkest hour . . ."
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

My all time favorite, which has also become somewhat of a battle cry among (some) marathoners that I've come to know. I have bleeped out the obvious expletive.

The quote: "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

One of the few movies I've seen in recent years...I only saw it as the movie plot revolved around (and had many scenes filmed in it) of my second favorite city in the world.

Probably not a hard one to guess, but I didn't see it on the top 100 list.

Any guesses??

Comment

patron;you got a fanbelt for our car?
                    shopkeeper;nope,but can get it here in two weeks
                    patron;got any Dapper Dan hair treatment?
                    patron;well got any hair nets?
                    patron;well aint this place a geographical odity,two weeks from everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                      Was that from "Hard to Kill"?
                      Now I'm outted as a Steven Segal fan...maybe you are too! I sent you a pm regarding the gift certificate.

Comment

"One lawyer and his briefcase can steal more than 100 men with guns."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                          My all time favorite, which has also become somewhat of a battle cry among (some) marathoners that I've come to know. I have bleeped out the obvious expletive.

The quote: "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

One of the few movies I've seen in recent years...I only saw it as the movie plot revolved around (and had many scenes filmed in it) of my second favorite city in the world.

Probably not a hard one to guess, but I didn't see it on the top 100 list.

Any guesses??
                          This is my husbands favorite movie quote of all time and it comes from the movie, "The Rock."

I was prom queen my senior year so he always likes to say how much of a "winner" he is.
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
                            patron;you got a fanbelt for our car?
                            patron;got any Dapper Dan hair treatment?
                            patron;well got any hair nets?
                            patron;well aint this place a geographical odity,two weeks from everywhere!
                            "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou."

Dapper Dan makes this a freebie!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Gone With The Wind...Clark Gable saying,"Frankly, my Dear, I don't give a DAMN!"

Aunty Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X