Shocking classroom antics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking classroom antics

Just saw the 'Breaking News; Police Report' for today on the Advertiser's website at http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br08p.html .
    It listed five items, including these three, two of which happened at school:
    "An 11-year-old boy was arrested yesterday as a suspect in the sexual assault of two girls, ages 11 and 12, on Friday. Police said the two girls are classmates of the boy and that the alleged assaults took place between 11 and 12 a.m. at a middle school in Honolulu, which was not identified."
    and
    "Police arrested a 13-year-old Wai'anae boy yesterday as a suspect in the sexual assault of a 4-year-old girl. (...) Police said the boy was contacted yesterday, interviewed and arrested for suspicion of first-degree sexual assault."
    and the most shocking one is
    "A 6-year-old girl reported being sexually assaulted yesterday by two 6-year-old boys who are classmates of hers. Police said the alleged assault took place at a Honolulu school, which was not further identified, about 12:30 p.m. The boys were arrested for suspicion of first- and third-degree sexual assault and kidnapping."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Shocking classroom antics

That's quite astonishing. I went and read it after seeing your post. Where does a 6-year-old boy figure out sexual assault tactics? Or an 11-year-old boy? Or..? Scary!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I am not trying to defend the alleged assaults or in any way minimize them, but I am wondering about the nature of the assaults. How is "sexual assault" defined in these cases? The term can have a fairly broad (no pun intended) definition. What exactly did these boys (allegedly) do?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        I am not trying to defend the alleged assaults or in any way minimize them, but I am wondering about the nature of the assaults. How is "sexual assault" defined in these cases? The term can have a fairly broad (no pun intended) definition. What exactly did these boys (allegedly) do?
        Definitions of personal offenses (scroll down to "sexual penetration")
        Sexual assault in the first degree
        Sexual assault in the second degree
        Sexual assault in the third degree

Considering that none of the girls involved were older than 12 years old, the charges brought mean that the boys are accused of sexual penetration -- i.e., having sexual intercourse, or oral sex, or anal sex, and/or inserting any body part of theirs into the girls' vaginas or anuses.

Comment

mass media doesn't report much real news since the government and there main sponsers don't allow it,so they are left with combing the population for horror stories they can sensationalize and with a big enough population they can provide a pretty bleak outlook for anyone who wishes it.
          If sexual missconduct was really on the rise with younger children I would say it's the mainstream media at the cause.Funny thing I stopped watching mainstream media about 2 months ago (regarding it as a nerotoxin)and I have noticed a huge drop in the amount of lust I feel in my daily life.Not a big surprise being most advertising and programing has a sexual base.I can now enjoy looking at the oposite sex in a more relaxed enjoyable manor yay!

Comment

You know way back in the early 60's little boys would look at the shiny reflections in little Becky's patent leather shoes to see her underwear. Today that would be considered sexual harassment.

In 6th grade my friend Kevin was running down the stairs at Wilson Elementary school's "C" building when he ran right into Becky Johnson and accidently plowed his face right into her chest. I can see that innocent incident considered Sexual assault in today's world.

But then again this is a new world and little kids are being influenced by the media to wear suggestive clothing and act suggestively. Likewise these children are being exposed to video games where violence and sexuality is expected (Grand Theft Auto).

Kids will mimic what they see and consider it normal if someone doesn't stop them. If parents who don't screen what their kids see and do (video games, movies whatever) then the child believes that it's okay and will chock those activities and reactions as normal.

As far as shocking sexual assaults, if it's so shocking then we shouldn't be seeing that kind of stuff on prime time tv, you know like Miami CSI where they show pretty intense images of some young prostitute gang raped and murdered sadistically. Where's our sense of decency? And it's right there in full Hi Definition before bedtime for our Keiki to see.

Shocking? Well as lavagals asks where they get that from? It's a sad reality check for our society.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
              mass media doesn't report much real news since the government and there main sponsers don't allow it
              I keep re-reading that sentence to see if I'm missing something and if it somehow makes any sense whatsoever, but no luck yet. So I have to ask: Who sponsors the government? (Unless you mean the media's sponsors.) And exactly how do they block the reporting of real news?? Matter of fact, what do you mean by "real news"? What real news do you feel is being blocked?
              So many questions, so little time.

Comment

When I used to post stories for AP back in the early 80's, lots of stuff never made it nationally. Seems a lot of local stories that made Hawaii look less than Paradise never made it out too.

There's definately a spin on world news as reported by various news organizations. Call it heeding to sponsors who will be impacted by the stories or whatever, but I do feel that the corporate heads at each of the leading news organizations put some kind of pressure on their news directors to filter the news they broadcast.

That's why we need two newspapers and several news sources before we can print or broadcast the so called truth.

As in the stories about sexual assaults on our school campuses. Read one newspaper...get one angle. Read the other newspaper...get an entirely different spin? Same goes for our TV news. It's amazing how different a story can get when it's coming out of competing news desks.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                  I keep re-reading that sentence to see if I'm missing something and if it somehow makes any sense whatsoever, but no luck yet. So I have to ask: Who sponsors the government? (Unless you mean the media's sponsors.) And exactly how do they block the reporting of real news?? Matter of fact, what do you mean by "real news"? What real news do you feel is being blocked?
                  So many questions, so little time.

It did read kinda funny,I meant medias main sponsors like food and drug componies.
                  As far as real news first ask yourself how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go? If you say down to the truth you can start combing sites like these http://www.independent-media.tv/index.cfm also google disident aids movement for a wild ride thru our so called aids epedemic.Here is a link to one of the leading scientist willing to take the heat in favor of the truth http://www.robertogiraldo.com/

Comment

one more hippie note if I was talking about government sponsors it would be the billion $$ corporations our government stopped being for the people a long time ago why else would they spend 3 x's more jailing us then educating us....

just my anti establishment .02

Comment

While I was working as a cafeteria manager in Na'alehu about 10 years ago we had a student in the 8th grade actually jump a female student while passing during a period change. He threw her in a near by bush and attempted to fondle her and rape her. A shock group of students watched untill a teacher pulled him off.
                      Working at a school you see a lot of strange things ....in my 22 years with the DOE I've come across students having sex in stairwells, girls and boys gambling with lunch tickets , same sex couples "making out" in my moproom , and male students openly masturbating in class and my diningroom. The press gets little wind of what really goes on in our schools, it is shocking!
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Wow it is amazing that these kinds of deviant behaviours are so common place nowdays. If today's youth think this is "normal" can you imagine the next generation of kids?

As a Christian maybe it's high time God pulled the plug on humanity cuz the way we're going, anarchy is right around the corner and no one will bat an eye.

It seems we have this faciniation with the bizzare lately especially with death. Those CSI shows are getting increasingly popular as the scenes become more explicit. 30-years ago what was considered too offensive to show on TV is mainstream stuff now. There is more eroticism on prime time tv then you will find in a typical F*&K film from the 70's with that cheesy music.

And our kids are seeing all of this and are being influenced by it. No wonder kids these days are so maladjusted...I mean masturbating in classroom openly? I guess they're being suggestive. That's just plain gross.

Comment

More today, at http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br08p.html :

"A 15-year-old boy was arrested at a Kalihi school yesterday after a 15-year-old girl classmate told school officials the boy sexually assaulted her on school property. Police did not disclose which school was involved. Police located the boy at the school, he was identified by the victim and was arrested for suspicion of four counts of third-degree sexual assault and one count of kidnapping."

Comment

Working...
                          X