very funny

Kimmel
    great dry sense of humor, quick wit.

leno.

letterman

carson daly

that british guy who was on that drew carey show

adam carolla
    profane and lowlife h. stern level. junk. pure junk.
    denigrates every aspect of life;
    "I sezs to my dumb wife, that stupid dog has no feelings. why should I say goodby to him?"

Re: talk show hoststststs

I've always been a big fan of Conan, and Letterman. Both for their darker senses of humor, and for their willingness to completely bomb now and then. Conan in particular walks a fine line at times, and it's something to see... he can get a room rolling with laughter, but he can also hit an off key and instantly have the crowd turn.

Comment

Conan O'Brien, then Jon Stewart from The Daily Show.

Jimmy Kimmel next, and Jay Leno.

Then comes anyone else. My parents think exactly opposite of I do. One day, they will realize that Conan rules the world. With his hair.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I know nobody around here watches it, but I go with Hannity & Combs on Fox News. Sometimes I'll watch Bill O'Reilly too.... and once in a blue moon I'll tune into Ted Koppel or Jay Leno (depending what mood I'm in, and whether or not I'm listening to George Noory on KHVH late in the night or just dozing off)......
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I haven't been watching late night TV for a while but usually it's Leno and Conan.

Comment

Leno...love him! (but I think that's an age thingie on my part; I can relate to his humor)

Conan...I've always been on the fence when it comes to him. I like a lot of his stuff but he has one quirk that really bugs me. A comedian is supposed to pause after a joke. Carson and Leno always had/have the greatest pause technique. Conan's pause is audible..."uuuuuuh" or some other one syllable utterance. For me, it's kinda like fingernails on a chalk board. Dennis Miller is another guy who gives an audible pause.

Carson was the king of hosts, tho'. Dunno how he could ever be dethroned!He was an amazing talent.

Comment

I remember watching letterman when he just started. some goofy alfred e neuman with glasses.
              thot he was too NY smarmy.
              and Carson was king. thot; who dis wannbe!?
              but he is quite intelligent and witty. mellowed in his years.
              aoppreciated his band leader sidekik more, when i saw him as fufkin in spinal tap.
              thot:
              THAT.... is paul shaffer?!

sure do miss tommy, doc, ed and johnny tho.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                I remember watching letterman when he just started. some goofy alfred e neuman with glasses.
                thot he was too NY smarmy.
                and Carson was king. thot; who dis wannbe!?
                but he is quite intelligent and witty. mellowed in his years.
                aoppreciated his band leader sidekik more, when i saw him as fufkin in spinal tap.
                thot:
                THAT.... is paul shaffer?!

sure do miss tommy, doc, ed and johnny tho.
                Ya know...all those guys are 'out there' when it comes to intelligence. Incredible minds, all of them. I guess it just comes down to style. Right brain dominant individuals never cease to amaze me. Wouldn't wanna be married to one, tho'! I shared office space with one. Definitely one of the most intelligent, funny, creative, bright, 'out there' human beings I've ever met. But, oh Lordy, don't ever ask 'em to perform a left brain task...such as paying a bill or balancing a check book! That's why the successful ones have managers!

And then there's Robin Williams...who's off the Richter Scale when it comes to intelligence. Whatta mind that guy has, whether you like him or not. I'm in aaaaaaaaaaawe!

Comment

Working...
                X