Lost in Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Translation

At the end of "Lost in Translation," Bill Murray whispers something into Scarlett Johanssen's ear. I know we're left to figure it out for ourselves, but what do you think he said?
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Re: Lost in Translation

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
    At the end of "Lost in Translation," Bill Murray whispers something into Scarlett Johanssen's ear. I know we're left to figure it out for ourselves, but what do you think he said?
    He said, "what's your favorite movie quote?" then listed it on HT! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      He said, "what's your favorite movie quote?" then listed it on HT! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Auntie Lynn
      lol you funny

he said "pull my finger"

Comment

There is a lot of debate about this, and Roger Ebert spent several of his Movie Answer Man columns writing about it. Most recently, he posted this:
        Q. Your reader Andrew Leib notes that in "The Island," Ewan McGregor whispers to Scarlett Johansson: "I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better." He believes this speech is "designed to inform us once and for all what Bill Murray whispered to her" at the and of "Lost in Translation."

I have a copy of the script dated September 2002; it reads as follows:

Bob: Why are you crying?
        Charlotte: (sincere) I'll miss you.
        (He kisses and hugs her good-bye.)
        Bob: I know, I'm going to miss you, too.
        (He holds her close.)

Professor Nate Kohn, University of Georgia, Athens

A. So now we know what the Murray character would have said, if Murray and director Sofia Coppola hadn't decided it was better for the audience not to hear their final words.

Leaving something out is often more effective than putting it in; in his "Grizzly Man," Werner Herzog listens to the tape of Timothy Treadwell being killed by a bear, but doesn't play it for us. In his "The White Diamond," he shows a man lowered by rope to videotape the legendary cave behind a waterfall, but doesn't show us the tape. In all three cases, what isn't there is a challenge for our imaginations.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
          lol you funny

he said "pull my finger"
          You moa funny now afta the explanation!!!!! "pull my finga?" wea you wen get dat? Fondoo????? I could say something but it's late and I going night night and going pull a live one! My pony tail, dirty minds!

Good night, everyone! (everybody gives a sigh of relief)

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Leaving something out is often more effective than putting it in...what isn't there is a challenge for our imaginations.
            I totally agree! I hate when a movie gives you everything and more, and assumes you can't think for yourself. So actually, I don't know why I started this thread.
            Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Working...
            X