"You Learn Something Every Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Learn Something Every Day"

One of my favorite teachers says this all the time; I used to think it was lame, but then I realized she's serious. You really do learn something every day.

Today, I learned about the name of that Kailua restaurant Amina Pizzeria. Turns out the owner's name is Amina. I also learned that Amina Pizzeria's a good, clean place with well-made food!

So, what have you learned so far today?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

Not to procrastinate! I kept telling myself to pick up my meds tomarrow, tomarrow...BAD. Nuff said.

I learned the hard way.

I like this thread.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Today I learned that power tools aren't always the best for the job, especially if you're in a tight spot. Sometimes hand tools and elbow grease are the only way to go.

Comment

The sports radio station I listen to is having me put together and co-ordinate an episode of a contest they run called "Game Show Friday". "GSF" is a weekly contest, held of course, on Fridays, in which callers to the contest have their sports knowledge tested. My particular episode will deal the college basketball teams that are eligible to compete for the Div. 1 crown national championship..the "Big Dance" basketball tournament held every March and early April.

In garnering facts for this contest, I've learned:

1. That there were 332 college teams who were eligible to compete for the basketball crown at the beginning of the 2004-2005 season.

2. Central Arkansas will soon be eligible to compete for the b-ball championship. I believe they will be able to compete for the title beginning in 2007.

3. Quinnipiac College is the only Div. 1 basketball school eligible for the crown that has the letter "Q" as the first letter of its name.

4. Alaska is the only state among the 50 that does not have a college team in the Div 1 basketball ranks eligible to vie for the championship.

I just learned all of this yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          One of my favorite teachers says this all the time; I used to think it was lame, but then I realized she's serious. You really do learn something every day.

well, some of us learn every day. some do not. at least every day....
          so it otta be; "IF you are open to it and want to grow, you learn something every day."

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            "IF you are open to it and want to grow, you learn something every day."
            I think that even if you're not open to it, you still learn something every day, whether you are aware of it or not; whether you wanted to or not.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Today, I learned about the name of that Kailua restaurant Amina Pizzeria. Turns out the owner's name is Amina. I also learned that Amina Pizzeria's a good, clean place with well-made food!

So, what have you learned so far today?
              subtitles should be translations on a thought-for-thought basis and tailored to the nuance of that language, not a direct translation.

pax

Comment

I know "Amina Pizzeria".

& just for fun, try saying it w/an Italian-American accent... "aMIINa PIZZA-RIA" I was yelling this to my friend forever & she kept saying, "Where? What pizzaria? WHAT pizzaria?

"I'm-in-a Pizzaria!"
                "Which ONE?!"

Kooky fun AND great pizza, can't be beat!

Comment

I think that even if you're not open to it, you still learn something every day, whether you are aware of it or not; whether you wanted to or not.
                  well, i suppose that is true in the sense we absorb stuff unconsciously. but conscious learning, being aware of daily life lessons and info and growing mentally, spiritually, etc... at the least that old "word a day" thing is what I am thinkin of....

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Girl
                    I know "Amina Pizzeria".

& just for fun, try saying it w/an Italian-American accent... "aMIINa PIZZA-RIA"
                    no. Talk like an Italian day is next month....

Comment

Oh, & p.s. Today, so far i've learned that .... being someone's best friend doesn't mean it's the easiest thing in the world. Sometimes i have to work harder, if not hardest, at these friendships than the lo- & no-maintenance ones. Yeah, duh, should've got it earlier but just REalized it again today, in a nice way.

& p.p.s... it's so worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Girl
                        "I'm-in-a Pizzaria!"
                        "Which ONE?!"
                        That's funny. My friend and I have always said it sounds like "A meaner pizzeria."
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

"Italian Accent isn't till next month..."

Not if you're Italian, ARRRR....

Or an Italian Pirate ...
                          Last edited by Kona Girl; September 19, 2005, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr

Comment

The enormous LOVE and STRENGTH within me was there. It came through when it was needed, despite my own limitations. I stood strong for my grandson. I wasn't the weakling, the stricken, the mentally ill, I was his GRANDMA...tough to take care of him with his daddy and other grandma too!

Things turned worse yesterday.
                              He made it through the night and is recovering.
                              I'm going back to the hospital to be with him again.
                              Yes, I learned that LIFE IS PRECIOUS and I AIN'T THAT PUPULE...I never was!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X