Aloha from North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from North Carolina

Greetings from a long, long ways away! Been planning a trip for a bit, but wanted to find a forum with a little less tourist-focus. I'm also trying to get a little inside scoop on surfing. I'm decent, but not planning on taking on the North Shore in winter. Just looking for some fun waves and a nice place to stay for me and my friends. Mostly mid-30's couples. Anyway, hello!

Re: Aloha from North Carolina

Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com See you on the boards.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

welcome! I lived a year in Charlotte great city with lots of good people,I made so many friends there.

Comment

Aloha, NC!
        I worked in Charlotte for four months, back in 2000, and the company I work for is hq'ed just south in Ft. Mill SC. I have many friends in the region, and I loved the time I was able to spend in the Outer Banks and Asheville/Blue Ridge Parkway areas - absolutely gorgeous country!

Comment

Howzit, welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Can't say I know much about North Carolina, 'cept that I hear Chapel Hill's a neat place, and that it's probably the closest I'd be willing to get to Florida if my wife ever convinces me to move closer to the in-laws in Florida...

Yes, HawaiiThreads.com definitely has less of a tourist focus. This might be a bit disorienting for a future tourist, to be sure, but I think it's also a heck of a lot more fun (and, even unintentionally, more educational as well).

Comment

what's a "future tourist"
              one who has passport in pocket and access to a time machine?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                what's a "future tourist"
                one who has passport in pocket and access to a time machine?
                Well if "Future Tourist" was a Sci-Fi movie I could see people being so busy they send there droids to Hawaii to disberce cigarett butts,insult the natives and generaly act like tourists.The plot twist would be the droids becoming respectfull of the land and the people,deciding there owners were knuckleheads and becoming red eyed assasin droids upon returning

Comment

I guess that would be sci-fi, because from what I've seen, most of the people throwing cigarettes butts and other trash around are locals ... although I suppose it is more in vogue to blame those disgusting tourists from that godawful mainland hell.

Comment

Welcome to HT. I've been to Charlotte and Cherokee County, NC. It really is beautiful there, especially in Western NC in the area around the Nantahala National Park.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X