PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from North Carolina

wildlawnc
September 21st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Greetings from a long, long ways away! Been planning a trip for a bit, but wanted to find a forum with a little less tourist-focus. I'm also trying to get a little inside scoop on surfing. I'm decent, but not planning on taking on the North Shore in winter. Just looking for some fun waves and a nice place to stay for me and my friends. Mostly mid-30's couples. Anyway, hello!

1stwahine
September 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com See you on the boards.

Auntie Lynn ;)

Fondoo2
September 21st, 2005, 12:56 PM
welcome! I lived a year in Charlotte great city with lots of good people,I made so many friends there.

Leo Lakio
September 21st, 2005, 01:13 PM
Aloha, NC!
I worked in Charlotte for four months, back in 2000, and the company I work for is hq'ed just south in Ft. Mill SC. I have many friends in the region, and I loved the time I was able to spend in the Outer Banks and Asheville/Blue Ridge Parkway areas - absolutely gorgeous country!

Glen Miyashiro
September 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Howzit, welcome!

pzarquon
September 21st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Welcome!

Can't say I know much about North Carolina, 'cept that I hear Chapel Hill's a neat place, and that it's probably the closest I'd be willing to get to Florida if my wife ever convinces me to move closer to the in-laws in Florida...

Yes, HawaiiThreads.com definitely has less of a tourist focus. This might be a bit disorienting for a future tourist, to be sure, but I think it's also a heck of a lot more fun (and, even unintentionally, more educational as well).

kimo55
September 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
what's a "future tourist"
one who has passport in pocket and access to a time machine?

Fondoo2
September 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
what's a "future tourist"
one who has passport in pocket and access to a time machine?

Well if "Future Tourist" was a Sci-Fi movie I could see people being so busy they send there droids to Hawaii to disberce cigarett butts,insult the natives and generaly act like tourists.The plot twist would be the droids becoming respectfull of the land and the people,deciding there owners were knuckleheads and becoming red eyed assasin droids upon returning :)

MadAzza
September 21st, 2005, 05:01 PM
I guess that would be sci-fi, because from what I've seen, most of the people throwing cigarettes butts and other trash around are locals ... although I suppose it is more in vogue to blame those disgusting tourists from that godawful mainland hell.

Miulang
September 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM
Welcome to HT. I've been to Charlotte and Cherokee County, NC. It really is beautiful there, especially in Western NC in the area around the Nantahala National Park.

Miulang