This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need computer help? Contact me!

Tired of paying $100 just for someone to come to your house and look it over? Don't go to them, contact me!

I'll do whatever the big guys can do (virus/spyware scan/removal, installation of software/hardware, internal computer cleanup, new computer setup/preperation, DSL hookup, "make your computer faster", and more!) but for $20, because I need to get my name out there.

The perferred method of contacting me is either via email, or PM if you're a member of this forum, but if you need to talk to me in person, then just send a message saying so and I'll give you my cell phone number.

The big plus, is that if I can't fix/improve your computer, then you don't need to pay anything

So, remember who to contact when you have a computer problem!

(and my main mode of transportation is TheBus, unless you want to pick me up in Waipahu or something)
    Last edited by adrian; September 21, 2005, 05:23 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Need computer help? Contact me!

Originally posted by doc1456
    The big plus, is that if I can't fix/improve your computer, then its on me!
    wait...
    WHAT...is on you if you can't do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      wait...
      finding out many things that are not part of the problem would be part of that "on him" and that has value

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        wait...
        I got that from Aunty Lynn. Basically, if I can't fix it, then the customer won't owe nothing, no matter how long I had to stay there or where they are.

Comment

that...is very magnanamous of you, too.

(uh wait... "...they won't owe nothing..." that means they WILL owe something.

Comment

I highly recommend Doc/Adrian. He is excellent. I wasn't able to use my hp computer after several people tried to fix it. After he repaired it, working great. No problemo. Also, if anyone is hiring ...please give this young man a chance. Someday, our Adrian will be amongst the leaders out there too.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When I need help I'll definitely contact you. Thanks!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Good luck to you, Adrian. As you try to get your career to launch, it's smart to get yourself out there - to get more experience and exposure for your skills, and to promote your abilities. If you can make some part-time bucks for a period of time while you finish school, having a year or two of real-world experience in your field will look better on your resume than assisting priests at Mass. (And no, I am NOT poking fun at you for listing that volunteer experience; I'm just saying that it's not a factor that's likely to help you in your pursuits.)

Comment

yah good luck mate.I self tought my self and started a PC repair business one customer at a time and did well so I hope you leave yourself open to being self-employed.I stopped because I found the learning more fun then the doing also automotive paintless dent repair was faster $$ for my small business

Comment

So...

Since we already know you here from HT.com, & you are charging us $20.00 Flat rate
                    to fix our computer, & you want to have your name out there & the recognition...

So once you get that popular,
                    & have your own business someday down the road,

Can we all still have that HT.com flat rate of $20.00 to have you fix our computer
                    (down the road), if we mention that we are from this forum, & we know you?. *Please*
                    *on my kness praying & begging smiley*

That would be soo cool to just pay you $20.00!.

I know that all us here in Oahu can't afford it that much to have our own computer fixed by profesional, because of everything going up now a days, i.e. : gas, rent, & other bills, etc. That would really help all of us in a loooong run with just a $20.00 bill to fix our computer!.

We all luv ya, man.

((Group Hugs))

Aloha.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

jeez. let's first see if he gets there at all.
                      right now, he is generously saying it is on him if he makes no changes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                        So...

Since we already know you here from HT.com, & you are charging us $20.00 Flat rate
                        to fix our computer, & you want to have your name out there & the recognition...

So once you get that popular,
                        & have your own business someday down the road,

Can we all still have that HT.com flat rate of $20.00 to have you fix our computer
                        (down the road), if we mention that we are from this forum, & we know you?. *Please*
                        *on my kness praying & begging smiley*

That would be soo cool to just pay you $20.00!.

I know that all us here in Oahu can't afford it that much to have our own computer fixed by profesional, because of everything going up now a days, i.e. : gas, rent, & other bills, etc. That would really help all of us in a loooong run with just a $20.00 bill to fix our computer!.

We all luv ya, man.

((Group Hugs))

Aloha.
                        I'm just getting some real world experience (so far, we've been working in Vmware and 30 identical computers in school, so it doesn't give me all of the problems a computer will go through). Maybe when I get the ball rolling on a secure job, then probably I'll take some business classes and start a small business and maybe then I'll make special deals for HiThreads people.

I don't really like to think that far in the future, or else I'll miss the tiny details in the present.

Comment

Good Morning! Very well said, Adrian. You're on the road to success!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

To doc1456,

It is none of my business but I cannot keep my mouth shut about how I feel any longer. I think you are just being too good hearted. Leave it to a Libra to do that ! Was going to send you this in a private message, then decided to post it right out here.

Hm...well.....I am here to tell you that I think you are making a big mistake by offering this thing for $20.00 in the first place...just my own opinion. I know if I need to have you help me with my computer at any time I would certainly PAY MORE than the $20.00, whether or not you want more than the $20.00.

Also, I think it is another mistake for you to even say "maybe" that you will give people on this forum a deal later on. All that will get you is a lot of people telling people that they know some one that will give a big discount for mentioning this forum. Sure it would be nice for people to only have to pay twenty bucks. It also would be nice if petroleum distributors gave away gas.

Prices are high. This is not my two cents worth, it is my dollar's worth

Comment

good computer tekkies get 75 to 95/hour, esp. for housecalls.
                              WHEN or if you arrive at that point, charge the going rate.
                              but don't make future promises.
                              Vaporware, as you should know, is worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X